What Would Be The Best Invention?

A cure all for diseases.

Prevention is better than cure. :)

Mike
Defiantly true. I don't have a problem keeping healthy fish healthy. Its getting sick fish healthy. I bough 9 rummy nosed tetras 9 days ago. I'm down to 4 now :/ . they came in looking shabby, but look much better now. Other than dieing they seem fine. So a few minor symptoms right before dieing, but nothing that points out whats wrong. Just wish something would magically make them stop dieing. My bets are on 1 or 2 surviving and living forever........ cuz that is usually what happens.

Sorry I was not having a go or anything. I agree an instant cure for anything already sick would be great. Maybe after that an immune system in a bottle to protect fish from future disease.

Mike
 
If you could invent any new product for fishkeeping, what would it be?
For me at the moment in the middle of a fishless cycle, it would be something you could dip in the water that would give you an instant reading of NH3, NO2, NO3 and pH. And maybe hardness too, just for good measure! :lol:
So over to you-what wonder product would make your fishkeeping life so much easier?

The best inventions for me would be:

An instant cycle product (i'm so impatient)

An all in one thermometer/hydrometer/nitrite/ammonia/nitrate computer thingy that sits on your tank & gives constant readings with an alarm for anything going above/below programmed levels.

The most important invention for my hobby would be a money tree :hyper:

Oh & a water treatment thingy that you attatch to your tap, type in the water types you need: hardness, PH, salt levels,temp etc & the water comes out the otherside de-chlorinated & in perfect condition for your tank, you could keep all different types of tank at the touch of a button, cool! :good:
 
its all been done aleady lol, but a tank that is ready to buy off the shelf with instructions for cycling, and that is controlled by a suplied computer which can control temperature, lighting intesity and photoperiod, auto detects ammonia and nitrite and rectifies them etc and can do water change for you.

I was looking at these systems a few years back (I'm a sucker for anything computer controlled) but now, as then, I can't see anything that measures the ammonia or nitrite levels. Could you point it out? I must be going blind.
 
I would love to be able to invent a few of things:

1. "YOUR BUCKETS FULL" alarm. Especially as my alarm (husband) is usually to busy watching tv instead of the bucket. Its so hard when I am dangling over one of my big tanks balanced on a chair (Im short lol), syphoninc gravel (or muck in the pleco tank), holding onto the bucket with my feet, to watch the level myself. My usual indication is wet feet!

2. The invisible net. a completely invisible net making catching fish a doddle.

3. Non drip filter media (spongers). So when you are cleaning your filters the goo from the filters doesnt drip all down you.


You can get a water level alarm like this one very cheap that would stop you getting wet feet! http://www.braillebookstore.com/view.php?T...Level+Indicator
 
An expandable fishtank, which I could expand whenever I became too overstocked...
It'd also be nice if it could play tricks on the eyes so no matter how big I made it it always looked like a 3ft tank to the missus.
 
its all been done aleady lol, but a tank that is ready to buy off the shelf with instructions for cycling, and that is controlled by a suplied computer which can control temperature, lighting intesity and photoperiod, auto detects ammonia and nitrite and rectifies them etc and can do water change for you.

obviously if you have to build this then its a bit unrealistic cost wise!

but IMO this would take the fun out of fishkeeping for the serious hobbist but would be better for those that want fish as more of a decoration, even though fish are living animals not a decoration

that is what i was going to say lol. :rolleyes:
The only thing there isnt is a product for is an instantly cycled tank, but there is bactinettes which have worked for me, although others are still dubious about them.
 
There is a product for an instantly cycled tank - beg, borrow or steal a wad of mature media from someone and clone-a-tank instead.
But, whatever you do don't show my hubby the tank computers LMAO it's geek central here anyway, we really don't need more computer based tech stuff.
 
A magic potion that shrinks large fish so that you can keep them in small tanks... then I could have archerfish in my brackish community, and discus in my 6 gal, and an L091 for good measure... lol!!!


I have always wanted to invent an injection that would keep animals small so I could have a fully adult tiger, but the same size as a small housecat. Ahhh - a dream.

My invention would be an antigravity field so that water wouldnt run down my arm when I lifted things out of my tank. I hate the "wet armpit" in the summer and "cold sleeve" in the winter.... Brrrrrr.
 
There is a product for an instantly cycled tank - beg, borrow or steal a wad of mature media from someone and clone-a-tank instead.
But, whatever you do don't show my hubby the tank computers LMAO it's geek central here anyway, we really don't need more computer based tech stuff.

I did write that orignally but then thought not everyone has access to mature media.
 
There is a product for an instantly cycled tank - beg, borrow or steal a wad of mature media from someone and clone-a-tank instead.
But, whatever you do don't show my hubby the tank computers LMAO it's geek central here anyway, we really don't need more computer based tech stuff.

I did write that orignally but then thought not everyone has access to mature media.

I would invent a way to ensure that all LFS could sell mature media :hyper:

Mike
 
In fairness I didn't have access to mature media either.
Maybe the TFF mature media donor thread should be revisited? Maybe as part of the new classifieds section?
 
Electrical s
DO SOMETHING TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF WIRING
Especially in the marine side of the hobby. In my cabinet there is miles of black spaghetti :lol:
You think techno buffs would be able to invent something to alleviate all that wiring around the home
BigC
 
Electrical s
DO SOMETHING TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF WIRING
Especially in the marine side of the hobby. In my cabinet there is miles of black spaghetti laugh.gif
You think techno buffs would be able to invent something to alleviate all that wiring around the home
BigC

actually that has been invented too! lol. I was wathcing it oon the gadget show last night. They have made a little microchip that can convert radio waves into electrical energy, and also, another microchip that can work wirelessly in a similar way to Our WiFI for the PC.

They may build a chip into a phone, so if you walk past a spot with radiowaves being produced your phone will automatically charge etc,
Wireless TV's!! And all the time people have been saying you'll be a millionaire if you can stop tangled wires.... we'll see!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top