What Type Of Filter?

tenohfive

Always room for one more tank...
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
Beds, UK
I'm considering buying a 48x12x18 tank (170 litres or near as) but need to work out how much its going to cost to kit it out. What make/model filter would I be looking at for that size tank?

And I take it I'd need a 200w heater as well?
 
200w should be fine 300w would be better, id say a tetratec ex1200 or another external rated at 1200lph would be sufficient, but you could always run 2 externals on the one tank to get that real clarity, have you thought about lighting and substrate too?
 
i reccommend the tetra tec ex 1200 too. check out the living seas they do it for £65 .. so much cheaper than any where else
 
It comes with lighting and I was going to worry about substrate once I decided what fish I'd be looking to add. Provisionally, I'm thinking sharks and some cichlids. But I need to do alot more reading up about it first.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top