What Tubes, Help Pls

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

forever

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Brought a second hand double light for my tropical cube (65x65x65), it came with a Marine white 14000k 55 g5 and some kind of red tube at the rear ( or maybe it's just broken :) )
I have just brought some plants 50 plus, after a couple of weeks some aren't looking that great, could it be the lights any ideas on what to replace with ??

Thx

replace the tubes with some new ones with peeks in the red and blue spectrum :good: it could be the lights circulation fertilizers or CO2 among other things which can effect the plants. do you have any pictures of them?

Thanks for the reply, all new to me :), any ideas on which ones to replace with wattage etc

Thx
Mark

it should say the wattage on the starter unit :good: id like to see the plants though it might just be there adjusting

Thanks again will take a pic when I get home, any make or k value to go for??

i dont know about K value's but there's normally a little graph on the side. try to get one with peeks in the blue and red :good:

Try to keep the K value at 10k or below.

Most daylight tubes will run around the 6500K.

Much below that starts to look fairly yellow tinged.

Try to keep the K value at 10k or below.

Most daylight tubes will run around the 6500K.

This.

Don't worry about the spectrum graph dealies...buy whatever looks the best to you.

Thanks will goto the local fish shop at the weekend, probably too delicate to buy online :)

I just buy daylight bulbs from lampspecs, much cheaper. Or somewhere like iquatics for 10k bulbs if you prefer the colour.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back