What to do...sigh...

Koda

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm just 50 dollars shy of getting my 55g tank off layaway.I could go get it right now if I chose to do it.But a couple of days ago a friend offered me work and a new start in Tennessee.It's in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains on the edge of the Cherokee National Forest,a little place called Tellico Plains.I'd be waking up every day to breathtaking scenery and some of the best motorcycling roads in the world.I'd be making good money and my cost of living would drop way down.And I'd be leaving a crime infested area for a place where crime is all but unheard of.

I wouldn't actually be moving for at least 6 months.But I'm thinking a big tank like that would be hard to move across town,much less across the country.My luck...it would crack up.And I already have the menagerie in my sig,plus 2 more newly purchased bettas to take along.I might part with some of the fish to spare them the stress.I'm just undecided about going through setting up that big of a tank only to have to move it.But I'd really been looking forward to geting it started and so had Koda jr.Oh...what to do?????

Opinions and thoughts?

Thanks

Koda

IMO, wait. Moving a 55g across country is tough.

I'd buy a tank when I get there, maybe not the 55g, but at least a 20g long. :shifty:

yeah forget the fish tank and move to where your talking about it sounds pretty sweet, i dont really have the crime where i live so i dont know what it would be like but im guessing it sucks so id say .. the sooner the better ;) (moving that is)

oh yeah and if your going to be making good money there just buy 1 when you get yourself settled in :D

Yes, I would wait for the 55g Go to your Dream town. Once you get settled in maybe you can get a bigger Tank! 8)

Personally, I would go ahead and get the tank :hyper: You already paid for it and you only owe 50 bucks. Get it out of layaway and A) Keep it in storage B) cycle it and stock it with fish you won't mind parting with in half a year, then completely empty it and carry the gravel with you so you're ready to set up immediately. Provided the gravel isn't in the bucket for too long.

I only say this for two reasons 1) I'm impatient 2) because moving is expensive, and if you cancel your layaway your just going to blow that money (assuming you're like me of course) and after the move you'll have utility deposits, restocking food, all the extra stuff like mini blinds possibly etc etc.. and your tank will be put on the back burner.

It shouldn't be that hard to move, just wrap it in blankets and make sure there's no excess weight on the joints. Or of course, you could wait like everybody else said :*) :*) :look:

I've moved umpteen million times and tanks aren't as hard to move as they seem, wuvmybetta was right about the blankets. If you want, don't even bother setting up the tank until you move. Trust me though, if you pack it right your tank isn't going to get hurt. I've had to move a thirty gallon and 55g plus about three ten gallons at the same time. If your using a moving company then I'd suggest taking the tank in your car or something. But seriously, BUY the tank!!!!

I would seriously consider waiting untill u move before setting up a large tank like that. Not to mention it would take a couple months before u got the tank fully addapted.

From my personle expierience moving tanks can be extremley diificult. U would need to set up a brand new enviorment for the fish as soon as u were at ur new living quarters. That can be extremley difficult for yur fish.

i just bought a tank and my husband told me right after that we may be moving cross country by the end of the year. i decided to wait to fill the tank and for now just buy all my supplies and really take my time searching for the best deals. of course if we do move we will be using a fully insured moving company so if something does happen to the tank it will be paid for by someone other then me.

Why don't you ask them to deliver to your friend and he keep it in storage for you until you get there. Oh Wuv , you've changed your name back again!

Pleco-Heaven said:
Why don't you ask them to deliver to your friend and he keep it in storage for you until you get there. Oh Wuv , you've changed your name back again!
That'd be a great idea except my friends haven't made the move yet either.They have property and are building their house.They have elderly parents who will live with them and I will be helping with the caretaking.Most likely I will rent out the house I have here,and look at buying a house there.

The tank on layaway is at Wal Mart.If I don't get it,I'll get all but a few dollars of the money back.Probably that would be best.Koda jr would get attached to any fish we put in it(and so would I :wub: )so it would be hard to give them up.

I could use the money for bills and maybe get a smaller tank like another 10g to give the fish we have more space.Just a thought.

Thanks everyone.

Koda

Most reactions

Back