what to do now?

juanveldez

helping big fish eat little fish everyday
Reaction score
okay got my gold suam from CM as everybody that will hear me knows!!!!! I LOVE HIM :D :D :D :D my wife named him ernie since we already had a bert in the tank. I had to leave for the weekend and my wife didn't want anything to happen to him while I was gone so at night she would leave one of the two tank lights on at night as it seems that the light helped calm them down. luckly when I got back no fighting had occurred and it even looks as though they each have a cave that they favor( actually it is just 2 6 inch flower pots that I got at home depot for 3 dollars each.) during the day they are inseperable and otherwise look happy. now here is where I am getting concerned. I have been home all day today and have yet to see either one of them eat. I will say that when I left there were 5 tin foil barbs in there for dithers and when I got home 3 and today 1. I have noticed him kind of stalking them as has my JD (bert). is it possible that he is getting his share of food from eating a dither or two or should I wait a bit more and see if he just gets hungry enough to eat when I feed him?

With him being new in the tank I would give it a little more time. Was your JD eating the dithers before you got the gold saum? If not, the your new guy is probably full! I would just keep an eye on them. It really sounds as tho he's fine, IMO. Get some pics up! I'd love to see Bert and Ernie! :thumbs:

so I talked to my wife today while she was at work she and she said that ernie got a bite to eat on saturday so I am going to hazard to guess that he is going to be fine and just has a full belly from geting a dither in there as well

Like missy said, it takes time for them to adjust. Sometimes up to 2 weeks but 3-5 days is more normal.

If they are eating tin foils, that and the fact that he's adjusting will keep them hiding. I wouldn't worry a bit tho. If the dithers are gone and this goes on for a week afterwards, then I would be concerned but not right now.

Keep us updated my man. :thumbs:

okay got my gold suam from CM as everybody that will hear me knows!!!!! I LOVE HIM

I have to agree!!!! CM's the greatest!!!
He gave me 2 of my 3 dreamfish I've always wanted but couldn't get. We''ll be working on the third of the trifecta at a future date when I can set up a tank for him.

yippy he just all of the sudden got all kinds of active tonight. swimming all over the tank so more info later.

I checked out the pics. Very nice! How big are they?
When my GT is feeling good, he's all over the tank. He took great delight in swimming back and forth acroos the front of the tank and then along the back wall playing in the bubble curtain.
It just takes them a little time to get adjusted to their new homes and then *voila*! Ain't it grand?

okay got my gold suam from CM as everybody that will hear me knows!!!!! I LOVE HIM

I have to agree!!!! CM's the greatest!!!
He gave me 2 of my 3 dreamfish I've always wanted but couldn't get. We''ll be working on the third of the trifecta at a future date when I can set up a tank for him.
Ok, SMB name them! Inquiring minds want to know! :fun:

Ok, SMB name them! Inquiring minds want to know!

LOL, I was hoping you'd ask!!!

I've wanted 3 fish for so long now---

Nandopsis haitiensis
Nandopsis istlanum
Nandopsis beani

I got 2 of them now tho thanks to my man CM. :thumbs:

I don't have room for the N. beani right now but will someday and I have no doubt that CM will hook me up when I'm ready. I'm telling you, in all honesty he's a great person/company to buy fish from. I'd take him over any major company any day of the week. Whether it be for stock or service. :nod:

I also want another Native American tank too tho-

more Smallmouth Bass (hence smb) and want some Bowfin too! but that's another story for another day and I don't want to crap on juan's thread. :sad:

Ok, SMB name them! Inquiring minds want to know!

LOL, I was hoping you'd ask!!!

I've wanted 3 fish for so long now---

Nandopsis haitiensis
Nandopsis istlanum
Nandopsis beani

I got 2 of them now tho thanks to my man CM.

And you knew I would! :hyper:
Very cool fish! I would love to have an istlanum myself one day, maybe once the kids are all grown and I can turn one of their rooms (or all of them..... hehehe) into a fish room!

I also want another Native American tank too tho-

more Smallmouth Bass (hence smb) and want some Bowfin too! but that's another story for another day and I don't want to crap on juan's thread.

That would totally rock too!
I sure hope you don't mind this little hijacking of your thread juan!
:flowers: :beer: (A little peace offering!)

I don't mind at all guys and thanks for the brew missy, I too hope to have a house and the money where I can put in a 125 gallon tank and keep a N. Beani and maybe a couple of other fish, but my house is so old I can just see the hole in my floor now!! I really lucked out when I got my 75 in that I put in next to a wall where there was a HUGE beam underneath it supported by floor jacks. The funny thing is that I got bert over a year ago, a couple of months before my pirhanas died, then I went and got my afriacans I just couldn't see devoting a tank to one fish. Now I am so hooked on my SA/CA cichlids that I have to remind myself of how much I have spent on them so that I don't get rid of them.

Most reactions

Back