What The Hell Is This ?

Ah I guess it could be a really young if nymph but I would have thought you would see something in the way of wing development, as dragonflies do not go through complete metamorphosis. I would like to see a better image tho... Somehow I don't think the nymph will be a threat at this time certainly not at 7mm. I am sure it would be ok to leave until OP decides what it is and what to do?

It would be interesting to know how it got in the tank it must be a wild caught plant or something else taken with an egg on it that raises the question is it a UK critter?

Now what the heck does "ps please don't called me hun." mean :unsure:

the please dont call me hun was aimed at me hun , i'm going to let it go into the tiny water garden pot thing in the garden hopefully it will survive . i'm going to put a net over the top so that if it does turn out to be a dragonfly and it isn't from the UK it wont escape and get into our enviroment .

Thanks for all the help

Sarah xxx

If it isn't a uk species I doubt it would make it past a week outside so I wouldn't worry about the adult emerging lol! They normally take anything up to five years to mature in our country mainly because of the temperature... I guess letting nature take it's course is for the best maybe take it to a larger pond if you can?
 
he's gone out in the the garden now and if hes still alive in the spring he can go into my grandads pond

thanks for the help huns

Sarah xxx
 

Most reactions

Back
Top