What small plants can fit a Petworx 10L tank?

elephantnose333426 4

Fish Addict
Joined
May 9, 2023
Messages
982
Reaction score
707
Points
93
Location
Perth, Australia
Picked up my younger sister's former Petworx 10L tank from the shed. It was originally a betta tank, but the tank was too small for him and the betta was moved into a 40L. The tank is a 22cm cube and has 18.5cm diameter of working space. The other 4cm is for the pump and filtration. I might do a fishless aquascape so that I can learn how to look after real plants. It's missing the heater however, as the heater is used for the 40L. Where can I get a spare Petworx heater for the 10L? What small plants can fit in a 10 litre aquarium?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0895.webp
    IMG_0895.webp
    278 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
As long as you get a light and provide the proper substrate you could keep nearly every plant it’s just about making it look how you want it. For the heater a small 10W Nano heater would be fine I have one from Aqua One and got it Petbarn would recommend ringing around though. Also if this is the tank housing shrimp would they not be able get through the filtration holes?
 
I don't know the laws in the land down under about harvesting local plants/wildlife. But if there is no issue you could use this aquarium to mimic a local stream or body of water you have nearby? I had considered doing this a few years back with the river about a mile down the road.
 

Attachments

  • HDR.webp
    HDR.webp
    217.4 KB · Views: 168
Hygrophila ruba and corymbosa will grow in the tank but might come out above the water, which is fine because they are marsh plants. Alternanthera will grow out of the water and flower if given enough light. Cryptocorynes will probably stay underwater, but Echinodorus (sword plants) will grow out of the water.

If you don't like those plants, maybe Marimo moss balls or a clump of Java Moss.
 
Hygrophila ruba and corymbosa will grow in the tank but might come out above the water, which is fine because they are marsh plants. Alternanthera will grow out of the water and flower if given enough light. Cryptocorynes will probably stay underwater, but Echinodorus (sword plants) will grow out of the water.

If you don't like those plants, maybe Marimo moss balls or a clump of Java Moss.
I might add small dragonstone as the hardscape and thinking of doing it planted.
 
When I first saw this thread I thought of the idea of a small densely planted tank with some cherry shrimp MD fishtanks does some cool designs you could use to inspire you
 

Most reactions

Back
Top