What small plants can fit a Petworx 10L tank?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Picked up my younger sister's former Petworx 10L tank from the shed. It was originally a betta tank, but the tank was too small for him and the betta was moved into a 40L. The tank is a 22cm cube and has 18.5cm diameter of working space. The other 4cm is for the pump and filtration. I might do a fishless aquascape so that I can learn how to look after real plants. It's missing the heater however, as the heater is used for the 40L. Where can I get a spare Petworx heater for the 10L? What small plants can fit in a 10 litre aquarium?

Attachments

• IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
As long as you get a light and provide the proper substrate you could keep nearly every plant it’s just about making it look how you want it. For the heater a small 10W Nano heater would be fine I have one from Aqua One and got it Petbarn would recommend ringing around though. Also if this is the tank housing shrimp would they not be able get through the filtration holes?

I don't know the laws in the land down under about harvesting local plants/wildlife. But if there is no issue you could use this aquarium to mimic a local stream or body of water you have nearby? I had considered doing this a few years back with the river about a mile down the road.

Attachments

• HDR.jpg
    HDR.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 8
Hygrophila ruba and corymbosa will grow in the tank but might come out above the water, which is fine because they are marsh plants. Alternanthera will grow out of the water and flower if given enough light. Cryptocorynes will probably stay underwater, but Echinodorus (sword plants) will grow out of the water.

If you don't like those plants, maybe Marimo moss balls or a clump of Java Moss.

Hygrophila ruba and corymbosa will grow in the tank but might come out above the water, which is fine because they are marsh plants. Alternanthera will grow out of the water and flower if given enough light. Cryptocorynes will probably stay underwater, but Echinodorus (sword plants) will grow out of the water.

If you don't like those plants, maybe Marimo moss balls or a clump of Java Moss.
I might add small dragonstone as the hardscape and thinking of doing it planted.

Most reactions

Back