What Puffer and FW Puffers

The dwarf puffers (the only one I would put in a 10 gallon) will need pond snails rather than clams as his food source. You can easily breed them in a second tank. Occasionally give blood worms and mysis shrimp to them for best health.

Otos can live with dwarf puffers.

In any dwarf puffer tank you need to use decor or plants to create zones of territory for each puffer by breaking their line of sight and providing hiding places.

Video isn't found and no pictures showed up.

Ok in stead go to YT And search my 36 gallon Christmas update

Could I feed puffers mystery snails

Some puffers could eat them but none that you would keep in the size tank you have.

It could benefit from being filled up for sure. That extra water will help the fish.
Is this the right one?

http://youtu.be/rgtFF3Z8Vng

Yuuuuuup

I'm not sure is it a well setup one

Could dwarfs eat them and are you sure I can't feed them fraeshwater clams

Dwarf puffers are TINY little guys. They eat blood worms, mysis, brine, and to keep their teeth down pond snails. Baby mystery snails might work for them. One of the reasons pond snails are good is because their shells aren't too hard. These little guys don't have the bite strength of the larger puffers.

A dwarf will certainly eat clam meat but they can't bit through the shell.

Other puffers do well with clams, or crabs as food.

Like I said above...keeping puffers isn't for the faint of heart. You have to be willing to give them what they need because they, perhaps above other fish, really need their specilized needs met.

OK, OK. As an ex Dwarf Puffer keeper I'd say DO NOT put them with anything but other Dwarf Puffers and even that can be risky. I had 2 in an 8 Gallon(which is all you'd be able to safely keep in a 10 gallon) and one killed the other. They are nasty for their size. They only reach about 2" max but can do a lot of damage. 2 in a 10 gallon is the max and it needs to be heavily planted with lot's of plants to break up the eye sight or they will be constantly attacking each other and constantly bored. They get bored very easily so need a lot to distract them. I'd say unless you can provide this, don't get them. They need bloodworm and daphnia as a staple diet with crushed pest snails(NOT mystery Snails which are also known as Apple Snails) to keep their beaks trimmed. 

Gavinfleury29 said:
So what size tank for a bigger puffer

Next minimum size would probably be 29 gallons or more.

So could I have a diet habitat size tank size and capabilities of a dwarf puffer and any suggestion for any other super exotic 10 gallon animal or even one that's compatible with my stock in my 36g

Plz reply soon

Gavinfleury29 said:
So could I have a diet habitat size tank size and capabilities of a dwarf puffer and any suggestion for any other super exotic 10 gallon animal or even one that's compatible with my stock in my 36g

Plz reply soon

Not quite understanding this bit here... :/
Other "exotic" animals for a 10 gallon... Erm, maybe a red clawed crab or two? I'm not sure, sorry :(

I mean like rare cool fish or fully aquatic veertabrates crabs etc this may be silly but I think puffers are rare so pop ideas plz

Even though a 10 gallon tank seems big enough please understand that it's actually a rather small tank.
The 36 gallon is a tank you can work with. If you have your heart set on a puffer, like a green spotted puffer which is a great beginner puffer, then perhaps you can rehome the other fish you have and use that tank for the puffer.

Dwarf puffers will work in the 10 gallon and if you are sure to buy only one male, two if the tank is heavily planted, and the rest females you can manage to have a few in there. It's the males that you really have to worry about when it comes to territorial aggression. I kept two males and eight females in a 29 gallon tank. It was planted with tall plants like Amazon swords. It also had other fish in it and the dwarfs were fine with them.

So, if you want puffers in the 10 gallon then it's dwarfs. If you want bigger puffers then you need to get another tank or use that 36 gallon.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back