What portion of this angel is bloated ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

anewbie

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
This is a young likely male angel; it is approx 4 months old so a ways from maturity. A portion in front of the stomach seems to be bloated but not sure exactly what organ this would be:

sick.jpg

Eeeekk - that's concerning! I wish I could help, but have no idea. Just want to give my sympathies, and hoping someone else knows what it is and can help. Is he acting okay and eating?

No idea, I haven't seen an angel like that. I have had black neons look like that when they were egg bound. What is the feeding schedule like, wondering if it could have a fatty liver. Maybe parasite?

Not likely a parasite; it purchased with a group of 13 dime size angels a couple of months ago - i feed them twice a day. The stomach is a bit behind that part I think.

No idea, I haven't seen an angel like that. I have had black neons look like that when they were egg bound. What is the feeding schedule like, wondering if it could have a fatty liver. Maybe parasite?
I saw this link on another forum:
Angelfish female with eggbound condition. - YouTube

I'm not convince that is the case here as the position seems slightly off and she is pretty young - definitely not mature yet - my guess is a silver dollar give or take a bit. Not a funky new susan b dollar but the older type ;)

No idea then, I agree it doesn't make sense that it is egg bound yet. So far my angels that have died are from mechanical damages, ie twice I have had an angel just out of the blue swim into the syphon, they tend to want to try and catch the bits going up the tube and I have to chase them off every time I clean the tank.

No idea then, I agree it doesn't make sense that it is egg bound yet. So far my angels that have died are from mechanical damages, ie twice I have had an angel just out of the blue swim into the syphon, they tend to want to try and catch the bits going up the tube and I have to chase them off every time I clean the tank.
Yea i had that problem - not swimming into it but trying to attack teh particles being sucked up; they are getting to the point they can't actually fit in it - though of the 13 two were runts that i stuck in a 29 and they could probably fit - actually i'm not 100% they are runt - they are definitly small and not growing fast but they don't have the distorted large eyes that most true runts have. While i like this breeder; i had this problem in the past and i think he heavily imbreed them over the years.

I raise the Angel fry from time to time, when I do I have so many angels that it is hard to watch out for all of them.

Most reactions

Back