What Plants Are These?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sammclean23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As someone who has only experience with 'beginner' plants, I've been looking for something more significant.

I came across this demo tank the other day, and want something like this. Does anyone know what these plants are?

Many thanks in advance!

2013-08-17 13.07.10.jpg

sorry there is no link or picture in this post? 

also if you want big plants try amazon swords, in the right conditions they thrive and become huge check out my sig there is a huge amazon sword in there and the bright green plants are hygrophila plants i think there called name again is in the sig :D 

Zikofski said:
sorry there is no link or picture in this post? 

also if you want big plants try amazon swords, in the right conditions they thrive and become huge check out my sig there is a huge amazon sword in there and the bright green plants are hygrophila plants i think there called name again is in the sig
biggrin.png

Pic is now there mate! Forgot to attach :)

sorry not sure what they are i guess you mean the ones on the right?

Zikofski said:
sorry not sure what they are i guess you mean the ones on the right?

Both really - think they look ace.

The plants I have (Hornwort and anacharis) grow so fast and just look a mess.

I think my gravel isn't dense enough for them to root properly either.

Would love some like the above.

The ones to the left are java fern variety(possibly narrow leaf), the others grass type ones look like a vallis variety.

+1 to what snazy said, id say needle  or narrow 

I think Snazy had his left and right backwards, the one on the left is indeed a vallis.

I'd also go with a java fern on the right. Both relatively straightforward plants, java fern is one of the easiest, just remember to attach it to something rather than bury it. Superglue (pure cyanoacrylate, not mixed stuff), cotton thread or fishing wire all work.

Vallis is a great plant, albeit temperamental in some peoples tanks, mine for instance.

I think Snazy had his left and right backwards, the one on the left is indeed a vallis.

Cheers Dr. Rob. I actually did :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back