What Names Have You Given Your Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

All the fish are named after TV or Movie characters. Aparently it makes it easier to remember according to my fiancee, who named most of them.

2 Guppy Females - Catherine and Sarah (Named after the characters from CSI)
1 Guppy Male - Grissom (Again named after the character from CSI)
2 Female Platy - Dana and Scully (Named after character from X-Files)
1 Male Platy - Mulder (Oh like I need to tell you where we got this name from)
2 Plecs - Teal'c and O'Neill (Characters from Stargate SG-1)
5 Diamond Tetra - Sheppard, McKay, Beckett, Ronon, and Caldwell (Characters from Stargate Atlantis)
9 Neon Tetra - The Brady Bunch (A little obvious)

Probably have more fish to name soon which could be fun, this time maybe I'll actually get to name the fish I buy.

Adam

my crown tail betta is named Ambrose Xavier... he was such a brilliant looking fish, and so fierce as some bettas are, i felt i just had to give him an awsum name. the two femal bettas i used to have were named Thought and Memory after the ravens of Odin. i figured Ambrose could act as Odin to them, but then they died, in a rather poetic manner actually. Thought died first... and all that was left was Memory. kinda funny now that it doesnt hurt as much.

Very poetic indeed :good:

I only had one betta who died recently. He was named Buakaw which means white lotus in thai. But I named him after one of the top fighters who is also from thailand. I always like giving fish a name that represents their heritage :)

I will getting some guppies soon, and I will post their names soon.

I named by ranchu goldfish tweety but sadly he died a year ago.

i have too many fishies to name . . . maybe i should set aside an hour tomorrow and name them all FINALLY :lol:

The names I have given my fish are;

Angel fish – I have nine so I haven’t named them all, LOL.
My parrot I named Doodles
My red zebra I named Bozo
My puffer I named Chubbs

Now my goldfish;

My red oranda I named Mango
My red ryunkin I named Kiwi
My Top hat I named Topsy
My Telescope I Named Bugsy
My shubunkin I named Scooter
And my other shubunkin I named Sparky

We had a snail called Dave, who was the first creature in the tanks after we moved into our flat. But I think I saw his shell on the bottom, looking a bit empty the other day. :unsure:

We've named our small goldfish after my boyfriend's heavy metal heroes:
Orange lionhead: Barley (after Matt Barlow from Iced Earth).
Black ranchu: Sharlee (after Sharlee Di Angelo from Arch Enemy)
Calico ranchu: Marley (after Bob. That was my one!)

Our two big 5" lionheads are Margo & Jerry, inspired by the Leadbetters from the Good Life. :good:

I used to have a Bristlenose catfish family called Squishy (mum), Spike (dad) and the 2 kids "Kath & Kim"

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back