What Names Have You Given Your Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

okay. welll over the years ive named my fish so manny different things so hears a few of my goldfish and minows from 7 years ago

4 minnows - mini, mr minnow, Happy gilmore and fuzball (i was 7 so they are strange)
many goldfish including "Goldy Mc Goldfish", "orange juce and lemonade" and not forgetting "melon face"

i named my first tropical fish after alcohole (doesn't show a thing about me) *glugs from bottle in a brown paper bag*

but now i dont name them as i ran out of alcoholic drinks to use :lol:

I name them when I 1st get em...:p although I don't call them by name anymore

X-ray tetra x4 : Thing 1,2,3,4

Blue dwarf gourami : Jaws jr.

Mickey palty : Minnie

Plecos x 2: Kirby and Dyson
My first Gibby was called Schumacher, cos he zoomed around the tank all the time, I got a second one and called him Dyson :hyper: Then took Schumacher back cos he was a bully :rolleyes:

I had a betta called Jack Bauer and another called Dalglish.

The only fish I have now that is named is a bristlenose plec called Diego, he was named by the previous owner and it's just stuck :rolleyes:

I don't bother naming them anymore.

Arfie

Big Electric Eel - Sir Puddles
Little Electric Eel - Lady Electra Puddles
Electric Catfish - King Leccy
Green Spotted Puffer - Pilau

My first 2 comets were called Nigel and Brian, dunno why, first thing that popped into my head!! I also had a calico oranda who I called Basil. haven't named any of the trops apart from 2 kribs who are Mr and Mrs Krib (original I know!!) and my largest clown loach who is generally referred to as the dude, or the big dude lol!! At work we used 2 have a massive gibbicep that we called Dark Vader. Theres also a snail in my tank who I call the turbo snail, even though he eats my plants I havent got the heart to squash him!! :blush:

Lisa

(Forgot to add I used to have an axolotl called Shrek!)

I've only named my centrepiece fish - when I got my male on his own I named him Davy Jones. Then I got my two females, didn't name them for ages, then after seeing POTC3 I named them Calypso and Tia Dalma, :lol:

I also had some non-serious and probably very inappropriate-for-this-board names for my platies - due to the nature of platies. The filter might wipe some of this, but my male was named Horndog, and my females were Dirty Slut, Big Whore and Fat Skank, cos they were all always getting it on and getting knocked up and fat, :lol:

We have two male Bolivian rams, called Rocky and Rameses, cos they think they own the bottom of the tank.
Our betta is called red, cos he's red....we have 4 corys, 3 big called George, Paul and John, and the little one is called Ringo of course. There are several other fish as yet unnamed, well I can't tell difference between all the neons and other tetras!
Southerncross that is v hilarious, I have 3 mollies and 3 platys and they are just the same.

i don't really name any of my catfish but all the others i do.

severum - severum snape
blue jd - tito
jd - randy
senegal bichir - poissant
jaguar - mixtli
6 tiger barbs - ich, ni, san, shi, go, roku since we can't tell the difference between them
marble ange - domino

It's cheesy, but my youngest son named two angels "tail" and "fin", due to some unique characteristics of each. Well, they started breeding, and I was only able to raise one fish out of the first brood to adulthood, and we, of course, named it "tailfin".

I name all mine (sad as it is!!!) but the main ones are:-
Nuggett - Gold Gourami
George and Geraldine - Clown Loaches (it was Gerald until we found out the sex)
Bertie - the Betta
Zig, Zag, Zog and Strip - Zebra Loaches
Whiskers and Brisles - Bristlenoses
Take That - Rasboras
Doris, Dora, Salt, Dan - cories
Greedy - Boosemani Rainbow

I name the ones that have more of a personality and I'm attached too.
2 Oscars; Odin and Odessa
1 Jack Dempsey; Thor
1 Opaline Gouramie; Invader Zim
I also give names to my bettas. Right now there's only 2; Indigo and LilyPad

I don't name the smaller schooling fish like my serpaes, they all look the same! :lol:

molly's male-gomez (r.i.p)
female- mortishia (not looking good :no: )

golden Rams
burt & erine

Plec- derick

reed fish- harry

bit daft but bit of fun

my crown tail betta is named Ambrose Xavier... he was such a brilliant looking fish, and so fierce as some bettas are, i felt i just had to give him an awsum name. the two femal bettas i used to have were named Thought and Memory after the ravens of Odin. i figured Ambrose could act as Odin to them, but then they died, in a rather poetic manner actually. Thought died first... and all that was left was Memory. kinda funny now that it doesnt hurt as much.

Most of our fish have names

Barney. Yellow swordtail
Sid. Angel fish
Golly. RTBS
Mr Fox. Siamese Flying Fox
Jack & Tia. Rainbow Fish
CT Betta. Scrag
Harlequins Gang. Harlequins
Crocs. Horseface Loaches

My favs were the dwarf puffers named TALIBAN GANG had to take the little monsters back to LFS hence their name :lol:

P.S No they are not all in the same tank :p

Most reactions

trending

Back