what kind of fish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kevin007

Hmmm...cories
Reaction score
these fish are all the same kind but they can have different colors for example pink,red,blue,yellow and green. :lol: i already have a pink one but dunno name of it. :-( also planning on getting a blue one :p

i wish i have a digital camera :-( it's quite intresting that's why i brought him/her :lol: i'm i know the name or have the pic u will be the first to see or know the name! :D

possibly those fish that they dye different colors?

i just found out! it's a Painted Glass Fish! oh yeah baby search for pics in search engines! Yahoo, etc. :lol:

DO YOU KNOW HOW THEY MAKE THESE FISH!!!!!

They inject the dye into them with a needle!!!!Many of them die in the process and many more die later as many of the dyes are carcogenic :-( Mabey you didnt know but i dont think shouting about how cool these fish are will go down well with the majority of the members and actually owning some is just unforgivable! :angry:

CFC,

we all make mistakes, I bought some as my fisrt fish, after having learned better I will not do so any longer, but to say it is unforgivable is a bit harsh. anything is forgivable except maybe rape or murder. is it wrong yes, but not everyone is a fish expert and people make mistakes. I did, I'm sorry for it and won't do it again, does this mean you can't forgive me?

:no: ..not a popular practice with most fish hobbiests Kevin007 :no: As CFC mentioned these fish are colored by injectinging dye into their systems, which not only colors them but also makes them more suceptable to diseases because their bodies are constantly fighting the effects of the dye. :crazy:

yea i kinda know when i found out it's name i will not buy it again i saw it today in petstores but i did not buy it, i was thinking of clown loaches but then, never mind i have more than enough fis in a bigginer 10 gallon tank! :p please forgive me :-(

I too bought a few "painted" fish when starting out. Needless to say, never again. Although they are still alive and kicking.

Shawn

To everybody i may have offended SORRY,dyed fish is a subject that really upsets me and to see them described as "cool" made my blood boil,i think that if shops are going to sell these fish they should have to put up a notice that explains what is done to give these fish their colouring,that way people would know exactly what they are getting and the majority of people wouldn't buy them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back