What Is This

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jamston39

Reaction score
The picture below shows some plant (I say plant more leaves) that has appeared in my tank covering the whole top but nothing has changed and it has come from nowhere and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what it is and where it's come from

2d0e43c7fd3c16b67bbcbccfc993bb96_zpsd5e30759.jpg

Looks like Duckweed to me. Comes in on other plants and grows like wild fire. I can never understand why people want it.

Lunar Jetman said:
Looks like Duckweed to me. Comes in on other plants and grows like wild fire. I can never understand why people want it.
It's only just appeared and nothing been put into tank for about 2 months other than water change, isit just a case of keep removing it till it's gone?

I had an outbreak of this and didn't know what it was. It stuck around for absolutely ages!

To get rid of it, it was just a case of fishing it out with the net as often as possible, making sure I got all of it.

I was interested in letting it grow once and I almost ended up with a flower growing at the surface in a couple of days before I yanked the stem out! :lol: It's fair to say a brick came out of a certain place on my body because I had no idea where it had come from!

As long as you remove every little bit from the surface you should be fine. Just remove your hood, scoop it out and then carefully look for any little bits that are left to remove with your hands. It could all be gone for good in one big effort :p

Jamston39 said:
It's only just appeared and nothing been put into tank for about 2 months other than water change, isit just a case of keep removing it till it's gone?
Afraid so. You need to be religious about it too so that you make sure it's all gone.

I actually had this once because I asked for it I liked the look . But within a few days it was gone and im assuming my fish ate it but which one is the question

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back