What is the temp in your tank?

fatbobsufc said:
Hey Phantom Thief - do you think the gunners will cheat the Blades out of their 3rd FA Cup run? ;)
DUH!!! Except the cheating part, though there may be gusts of winds that may cause our players to fall inside the penalty box...

:lol: :P

P.T.
 
Just thought i'd say... i found that when i had my tank @ 80 or over that my water was a lil cloudy... cleared as soon as i put it down to 76-78! Still as mentioned before.... raising the temp 2 help cure ich is good though! ;)
 
Just to add my two cents, or degrees as the case may be, I keep mine at about 79F. I had a bit of a scare this morning though. I put my hand in the tank to fiddle with the plants and pull out some snails and I immediately noticed the temperature was a little chilly! It felt like a lot but when I looked at the thermometer I noticed it was only down to about 76. It's funny how sensitive your hand can be to temperature.

Anyhow, I had unplugged the heater the previous day because I was doing a fairly large water change. I forgot to plug it back in! :o It seemed to have the effect of making the fish a bit more active though, especially the tetras. To avoid raising the temperature too quickly I turned the thermostat down on the heater. I'll slowly raise it back up to around 78. Within a certain range, I think it's more important to keep the temperature constant than the exact water temperature itself.
 
Hi...just a thought. Obviously, your tank's temp has to be set at the requirements of your fish. However, a lower temp as tolerated within the fish's range will lower their metabolism and may reduce the waste load. My temp is set at 75. SH
 
steelhealr said:
Hi...just a thought. Obviously, your tank's temp has to be set at the requirements of your fish. However, a lower temp as tolerated within the fish's range will lower their metabolism and may reduce the waste load. My temp is set at 75. SH
and may also trick you fish into thinking its wintertime i season my tank cos im a sad freak :hey:
 
*wonders why old threads keep getting bumped recently*
Come on guys maybe make a new thread instead of bumping 4+ year old threads - that way the replies will be more relevant :good:

My tanks are all around 27C/81F - that's with no heaters.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top