What is the differance

fozzy_wozzy_woo

Moved On
Reaction score
Kudelstaart (Amsterdam) (The Netherlands)
What is the differance between this betta?
BETTA1.jpg

and this one?
betta3.jpg

are they the same breed or what?

The top one is a crowntail and the bottom I believe is a plakat. Both are bettas just differents strains.

I'm sure Wuv can give you more details.

FanOFish got it, the first one is definetly a crown-tail and the 2nd one is a plakat or a roundtail (same thing) It's just the fins that are different. HTH :thumbs:

They really aren't different breeds of bettas, just different tail types. So yes, they can interbreed. Genetics are the only thing leading to certain tail lengths, shapes, etc (in this case at least, when we're not talking about imbellis, etc.)

It's just a mutation in the genes that allow the crowntail tail to grow like that. The bottom one is the wild time, and they will interbreed, as stated above, because they are the same fish. It's just like skin color in people. A person can have a different skin color but they are exactly the same as another person with a different skin color and they can "interbreed".

fozzy yes they can be breed together but it would be ill advised. It's not good to mix the colors blue and red. Red is the dominant color and the ct has mostly all blue. The only red in the crown tail is inthe ventrails and that can be breed out of over time and selective breeding. there is nothing wrong with trying to breed different colors together but I think if you know that the red gene will take over you might not want to.

Most reactions

Back