What Is It?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Amunet

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday this white fuzzy stuff on a decor in our 28 gal.
And now I'm noticing the same stuff in my 10gal on one of the mossballs and on some of the floating cambomba. The stuff in the 10gal definitely wasn't there the night before.

The white stuff on the gator decor
503-10.jpg

And the stuff on the moss ball
503-12.jpg

If it is algae... would using algaefix work? Would that stuff harm the plants? specifically the moss balls?

Did that really grow overnight?

I've heard that Moss balls should be rinsed and/or squeezed out in removed tank water on a regular basis or detritus will build up on/in them. This could be some kind of mold. The only "white" or near white algae that I've seen is filamentous algae and it does not look like that. When I was trying to fishless cycle a tank using the flake food method (gave up on it.. LOL), I saw mold like that growing on the flake food... so I would suspect it's mold.

On the moss ball and on the floating cambomba in the 10gal is appeared overnight.
But in the 28gal, I noticed it the other day.
*shrugs*
I just cleaned off the moss balls and the decor in the other tank though so we'll see if this stuff comes back or not... hopefully not.
But I also noticed in our 28 gallon where more of this stuff was growing.
It was clogging the CO2 tubing and was preventing bubbles from coming out of it. Is also growing slightly on the fake log in that tank as well.

is ur moss ball green at all how come i only see white

dont look like algae at all... algae shouldnt be white just take ur croco and wash it

algaefix is dangerous to the mossball

unless the mossball is already dead, which they turn white when dead

No not dead, just not doing great. The 2 balls were in our main tank but I noticed that they started to lose color really quick so took them out and put them into my 10gal. Trying to see if I can get it to get better using liquid ferts and stuff. Be easier for me to monitor in the 10gal.. plus my betta loves it :p

Most reactions

Back