What is going on here???

Good morning,
Just wanted to let y'all know that I did a 75% percent water change last night and this morning the ammonia level is .50 ppm. I know that is still not 0 but a huge difference from the original 2.00 ppm. I plan on doing another water change this evening after work. Still 75%??? I can't thank you enough. All of the fish look much better and are swimming around like they should and no one is hanging at the top trying to breathe.
Yep, 75%....water changes, when done correctly, never hurt...good to hear the fish are doing better, nice job ;)

Good morning,
I have just tested my aquarium water this morning. Ph - 6.6, was 6.0; Nitites - 0; Nitates - 20ppm; Ammonia is still up at between .50 and 1.0!!! I have done 75% water changes and still cannot seem to get it below .50.ppm. HELP! Another water change??Is there anything else I can do? The fish are all happy and acting normal, eating well. Water is clear.

Good morning,
I have just tested my aquarium water this morning. Ph - 6.6, was 6.0; Nitites - 0; Nitates - 20ppm; Ammonia is still up at between .50 and 1.0!!! I have done 75% water changes and still cannot seem to get it below .50.ppm. HELP! Another water change??Is there anything else I can do? The fish are all happy and acting normal, eating well. Water is clear.
Do another large water change, and don't test again for 24 hours.

Be certain your filter media stays submerged in old tank water during the entire process....never let it dry out, and never replace the filter media while cycling.

I forget which water conditioner you are using...

Do another large water change, and don't test again for 24 hours.

Be certain your filter media stays submerged in old tank water during the entire process....never let it dry out, and never replace the filter media while cycling.

I forget which water conditioner you are using...
Conditioner is API Water Conditioner. Okay, should I go ahead and save some old tank water to re-prime the pump so as not to soak it with the new??
It has been only about 16 hours since the last water change. Happy about the other numbers but discouraged by the ammonia. Another water change it is.....
Thanks.

Conditioner is API Water Conditioner. Okay, should I go ahead and save some old tank water to re-prime the pump so as not to soak it with the new??
It has been only about 16 hours since the last water change. Happy about the other numbers but discouraged by the ammonia. Another water change it is.....
Thanks.
Yes, try to keep the media submerged in old tank water the entire time...conditioned water is OK too, but it's usually easier just to bail old tank water, IME

Just curious, how is your ammonia levels since you did the water change last time??

It took 3 water changes, 75% each, but levels are back to acceptable parameters. Thankfully, I did not lose any fish. I have have added the bio cylinders to my filtration system. I also have upgraded my system for making water changes. I'm too old to be carrying 5 gallon buckets of water anyway. :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back