What happen to my goldfish back

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
As you guys know i just lost my last bubble eye because of the filter, I dont want to lost another goldfish again. What is this red line like blood on my goldfish back? Water param: ammonia 0 nitrite 30 nitrate 33 just did 75 water change and the test still the same. All of the tank i have is fully cycling for about a month except this tank @Deanasue @FallenPepper @Colin_T @Byron please help you guys are my only hope...

Attachments

• DA807FCF-0E1F-4BBC-A4AD-1AB84933D616.jpeg
    DA807FCF-0E1F-4BBC-A4AD-1AB84933D616.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 89
  • F8AD13D9-2248-48FE-8C63-B39C83D600B9.jpeg
    F8AD13D9-2248-48FE-8C63-B39C83D600B9.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Your nitrites are way too high. Do daily water changes and use Seachem Prime if you can get it. It may be poisoning him. Could he get sucked into your filter? I would put a piece of sponge or panty hose over your intake on your filter.

Is he missing scales on his back where the red spot is? Oh and are there any additives you use for your tank? My cure usually is lots of air and when in doubt kana/metroplex it out when nothing is working and the health is declining rapidly.

Last edited:
Your nitrites are way too high. Do daily water changes and use Seachem Prime if you can get it. It may be poisoning him. Could he get sucked into your filter? I would put a piece of sponge or panty hose over your intake on your filter.
I dont have seachem prime here, should i put him in the bucket?

I dont have seachem prime here, should i put him in the bucket?
No. Just do daily water changes. I’d say add lots of plants but goldfish will eat everything but amazon swords and anubias.

No. Just do daily water changes. I’d say add lots of plants but goldfish will eat everything but amazon swords and anubias.
update: he’s getting better, nitrite now 0.8 nitrate 15. Thank you everyone for replying!

Oh and how many tea spoon of salt per gallon? And can you take a picture of pantyhose over filter where should i put them.

I’m afraid that I don’t have any filters with panty hose on them right now to take a pic of. Just wrap it around where the water goes into the filter and secure it with a tie wrap or rubber band. Why are you wanting to use salt?

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s a fungus. He either hurt himself or it’s bacterial.

Oh and how many tea spoon of salt per gallon? And can you take a picture of pantyhose over filter where should i put them.
Aquarium salt is one tablespoon per every 5 gallons dissolved in a little tank water first. By the way, that fish is beautiful! Is it an Oranda or a lion head? Love the lemon coloring.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back