What Fish Shall I Have? Any Idea's?

Treacle27

New Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello,

I've recently gone through the first cycling stage and have lost most of my fish. I have come to this conclusion with the help of some of you guys. I have 1 molly, 1 female fighter and 1 plec left. I have been advised to return these fish to the LFS as they aren't really compatible for my tank.

My tanks dimensions are:

20 inchs high
19 inchs length
19 inchs width

apparently this equals a 26 gallon tank??

I need to restock and would love to have some angel fish. How many could i have in a tank my size and what other fish would live nicely with them? obviously i will add them slowly and as my reading are spot on at the minute I have been advised to get a fish at the same time as taking on back so the balance is maintained.

Over to you guy's, any ideas??

Treacle.
 
My Uncle has a tank like yours and he keeps 2 small angels in his. With Angels avoid long finned fish and avoid small tetras like neons as they are natural food for angels, unless you grow the angels from young with the neons they will probably eat the neons.
 
I agree, two angelfish would be great. Not the veiltails however, just the regular angelfish. I see nothing wrong with your fish you have in there right now, unless your pleco is the kind that grow really big.
 
Hiya,


U may love Angelfish but they can be aggresive my Angelfish killed 5 fish then i had to buy a seporate tank for him because he cept on nibbling the other fishes fins and i loved him 2 much.
If your going to have them just have Angel fish a colany of 5 should do it trust me.


:crazy:
 
Hiya,


U may love Angelfish but they can be aggresive my Angelfish killed 5 fish then i had to buy a seporate tank for him because he cept on nibbling the other fishes fins and i loved him 2 much.
If your going to have them just have Angel fish a colany of 5 should do it trust me.


:crazy:

I think buying baby angelfish would help, if you put a fully grown one used to big fish with little fish they'll attack the little fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top