What fish I keep

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

AUSSIEFISHKEEPING

Reaction score
Hi all Iā€™m new just wanted to let everyone know what I keep I have 6X 20L tanks and a 60L tank inside the first 20L is 20+ Mosquitofish (Gambusia Affinis)(What I started with when trying to keep fish) as well as three corydoras x1 peppered Cory and x2 bronze corydoras (constantly spawning) in the second 20L is x2 tiger barbs and x1 rosy barb ( I know I should have more a few recently died) in the third 20L is x2 wild caught goldfish fry (growing up for outdoor pond) in fourth 20L is x3 beta females x1 koi beta x1 elephant ear x1 unknown as well as x5 cardinal tetras (unfortunately all these fish were purchased from an aquarium with whitespot and are currently undergoing treatment with blue planet multi cure as aquarium refused to refund or replace them) in the fifth 20L is a breeding trio of Tuxedo Koi Guppies and x3 baby panda corydoras as well as x8 bronze corydoras eggs in a breeder box within tank and in sixth 20L is x7 assorted guppies (x2 of which are pure dumbo ear but never got the dumbo ears) x1 male Japanese blue endler(his female died so was put with assorted) x1 albino corydora x1 bronze corydora x20+ red cherry shrimp x3 red rams horn snails(only recently got already laying lots of eggs) in breeder box writhing tank is x5 guppy fry (x1 about a month old the others about a week) and in the 60L my community tank there is 37 fish was 40 originally x1 male veil tail beta x9 neon tetras x2 clown loach x2 dwarf flame gourami x2 blue lace gourami x2 khuli loach (was two one jumped out the tank the other day) x3 Lemon tetras x3 black phantom tetras x3 head and tail light tetras x3 serpae tetras x2 peppered corydoras x5 rummynose tetras and all tanks have nerite snails

That's a lot fish, even by my standards of overstocking....

How long have you had these tanks, do you ever test quality, and how often and how much water do you change?

If your corys are constantly spawning why do you have such a small group ?
, for your sake of opt for a larger community tank , most of the fish you mention could live together meaning one water change and a lot less hassle

The five or so Betta you mentioned, will want a 20L each.

Plenty of of issues with rest of stock for the 60L, biggest that comes to mind are 2 clown loach and 2 or more male dwarf gourami. If you must have 14 tetras in a relatively small tank - the same species might be better. Not sure if there will be hybridisation issues if you put the cories together, but for sure they will enjoy each others company. You will still be overstocked, so it depends what the water quality is like, and if you're gonna let cories and guppies breed - definitely overstocked.

Ofc, if you're aware of this and the small tanks are holding tanks till you get more space or rehome, ignore my judgmental moaning..... welcome to forum ;)

The five or so Betta you mentioned, will want a 20L each.

Plenty of of issues with rest of stock for the 60L, biggest that comes to mind are 2 clown loach and 2 or more male dwarf gourami. If you must have 14 tetras in a relatively small tank - the same species might be better. Not sure if there will be hybridisation issues if you put the cories together, but for sure they will enjoy each others company. You will still be overstocked, so it depends what the water quality is like, and if you're gonna let cories and guppies breed - definitely overstocked.

Ofc, if you're aware of this and the small tanks are holding tanks till you get more space or rehome, ignore my judgmental moaning..... welcome to forum ;)
The beta fish are all females and all tanks have been running for several months now with the only casualty being a khuli loach in the 60L who jumped out

1 thing i must say: corydieas need to be in groups of 5 at bare MINIMUM. Different types don't school so either get 5 of each type of cory or 5 of 1 type of vory or they will be depressed

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back