What Fish Could I Have In A 54 Litre Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RhysScfc

Reaction score
Bought a 54 litre tank and im wondering what i could have in there.. i have a heater,filteration system and a light.

thanksss

wht sort of fish do you want?
you could have
1 honey gourami
8 tetras
6 corys

or
a pair of apisto
8 tetras

or
6 female bettas
6 corys

or divide it into 3 for 3 male bettas.

honey gouramis,dwarf gourami, endlers, bp tetras (most small tetras),guppies, pygmy cories (imo .. awesom fish)

Bought a 54 litre tank and im wondering what i could have in there.. i have a heater,filteration system and a light.

thanksss

54 litres is roughly 14us gallons, so working on the inch per gallon rule, 14 inches of fish for the first 6 months, and after that, if the tank is mature, and filter is up to the job a total of 28 inches of fish can be kept.

i would keep anything 2" or under(take it its a 60cm tank?) and try to avoid fish that are particularly hyper, such as rainbows

Adam

thanksss

54 litres is roughly 14us gallons, so working on the inch per gallon rule, 14 inches of fish for the first 6 months, and after that, if the tank is mature, and filter is up to the job a total of 28 inches of fish can be kept.

i would keep anything 2" or under(take it its a 60cm tank?) and try to avoid fish that are particularly hyper, such as rainbows

Adam
28 inches of fish!!! roughly how many fish can you have?

thanksss

Adam
depends what you want to keep you could have 28 neons but if you wanted bigger fish then you wouldnt be able to have as many.

thanks for the advice. i would like to have as much fish as possible in the tank but not over crowding it. im also going to have my 5 wcmm in it as their tank at the moment is too small. would all the fish you suggested be available in my local fish selling shop? or are they quite rare? thanks

wcmm are sub tropical fish and wouldnt like the temp that it will be at for these fish and yes they are all common fish.

thanksss

Adam
depends what you want to keep you could have 28 neons but if you wanted bigger fish then you wouldnt be able to have as many.

fully mature tank i have kept about 28" in a tank this size, including at bn plec, bosemani rainbow(big mistake), platies, guppies, wcmm, gcmm, so i fail to see why fish bigger than 1 inch pose a problem as long as stocked appropriately for swimming space and filter size

ok thanks.

iv never had a tropical tank before. once its cycled, do i still need to clean it out or will the filteration system do that ?

you need to do 30% waterchanges once a week and gently squeeze the fillter media in old tank water.

ok thanks ill have a look round in the next few weeks

i have no idea what most of the fish people have said are, so ill have a look first. i knw bettas are nice but you cant keep more than one together?

i have no idea what most of the fish people have said are, so ill have a look first. i knw bettas are nice but you cant keep more than one together?
you could divide it into 3 and have 3 males with a apple snail each or divide it into 2 and have a male and 4 corys in each or get 6 females and 6 corys

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back