What Fish Can Paradise Fish Get On With

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hi,

well usually it's recommended to breed species from the same family...

from my experience i can say you can breed them with dwarf gouramis and algae eaters

i'd say rosy barbs are a little bit too active and might stress your macros

um, actually, i think that the OP is asking what fish can a paradise fish live with (not so much breed with).

depending on your tank size, the paradise fish might not get along with your dwarf gouramis. i think that the rosy barbs and algae eaters should be fine, however.

what size tank have you got?

I had 2 paradise fish and 4 dwarf gourami and they never bothered eachother ,ostly because the 2 paradise fish were always bothering eachother while the dwarfes were bothering eachother.

Opilius

My paradise fish have a problem with anything that is the same size as them! From my personal experience, they are OK with smaller fish and fish that look nothing like them.

At present I have two paradise fish in a tank with

Rice Fish
killi fish
weather/dojo loach
two species of hillstream loach
and
WCMM's

Do not put paradise fish with goldfish, this is a big mistake!! Enough said!!

What about with minnows and platys? If so what would be min tank size for 5 white clouds and 5 red platys and 1 paradise fish?

My little girls are getting their first tank(10g) and one wants my platys and minnows and the other wants my paradise fish. Would 5 white clouds and 5 red platys be OK in the 10? Could I add the paradise fish?

I wouldn't get platys in a 10g as they will breed like rabbits. And I wouldn't add a paradise fish in with them as they can be mean little buggers sometimes. They will harrass fish several times bigger than them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back