What Filter Will Do My 35l Arc

mooey65

Fishaholic
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cheshire
I need a filter for a 35L Arc I don't know what filter will be best?

I do not yet know what I will be keeping in the tank may be shrimp or fry tank.
 
I need a filter for a 35L Arc I don't know what filter will be best?

I do not yet know what I will be keeping in the tank may be shrimp or fry tank.

Fluval 2+ is a nice filter with a decent flow rate but it depends what you want to keep

Andrew

EDIT - If its a fry tank you might want a slower flow rate so an not to blend up the fry lol
 
If it ends up being a fry tank then a sponge filter is the best option as it is run by an airpump, has no current and cannot suck in and kill fry.

If not, a Fluval 1 or a HOB filter will be fine.
 
just about any 20 gallon filter will do...i always try to at least double the filtration. but if its going to be a fry tank you would do best by having a sponge filter. anything else, IMO i would go with the HOB. internals obviously take up tank space but have the advantage of not having anything on the back
 
HOB means Hang On Back.

I useda fluval 2+ in a fry tank without any problems, to avoid anything getting sucked into the filter i stole a pair of the wifes tights, cut a foot off it an covered the filter intakes, and turned it right down to low. For the first week I also put some over the output, the second week I uncovered the outlet and as they got bigger I removed the tights, then it gace them a chance to get used to a to a stronger current before moving them to the main tank.

They all survived :)
 
Ha ha thanks for that I was looking on ebay for a HOB filter lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top