What Filter For 4ft & 3ft Tank?

DizzyMoo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello folks,
The 4ft tank i've bought came with an eheim external filter & an eheim internal BUT thanks to being pregnant i'm struggling to syphon it to get it going without throwing up for the rest of the day, Which pipe do i suck from too? Anyhoo i removed the eheim internal as there doesn't seem much power to it & instead i put in a fluval3 i had spare. Tank size is 48" long, 18" high & 15" wide ( if ive said that right )
Can it be run on 2 fluval 3's if i buy another one? Or 1 fluval 3 until i get the external going?

And the 3ft tank, is that ok with a fluval3 ? OR can i run it on 2 smaller filters, I have 3 smaller filters the eheim one, something else which has no writing left on it & a clearseal thing which seems a fair strong filter & is currently in a 2ft tank with perfect water. Tank size is 36" long,18" high & 12" wide (if thats right too)
I'll get pics of filters if need be.

I'm ideally wanting to put the fluval 3 in the 3ft tank , and get the external one going in the 4ft one, Is this best?

Sorry if i'm confusing you, i confuse myself too ;)

Any help , tips or advice greatly appreciated.

The fluval 3 will be fine in the 3ft tank,

as for the 4ft, id buy an external filter better filtration and overall easier to maintain,

dont buy a fluval external they leak and there noisy, iv just changed from a 205 to a tetratec ex1200
How many litres are your tanks?

coz i think the fluval 3 is for tank up to 130 litres

hope this helps
steve

Hello, Haven't a clue how many litres they are sorry.
Tank sizes are:
3ft long, 12" wide 18" deep
4ft long, 15" wide 18" deep

Thanks

Right, so the 3ft tank is 127 litres/28 gallons

And the 4ft tank is 212 litres/47 gallons

For both tanks id get an external, id recommend and appropriate sized tetratec external.

HTH

Cheers geoff1991, the externals are going to have to wait then as i can't afford them. Keeping my eyes out on ebay though for them.

Most reactions

Back