What Else Will Work In This Community?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ive updated my signature with my new tank configurations and will add the male pearl this weekend.
Someone in my main tank is munching the uppermost leaves of my plants
any ideas??? :blink:
Im thinking plecos but theyre well fed and I never see them at the top of the tank.Do gouramis eat plants??

Yes, gouramies will nip at plants if you aren't supplementing their diet with some blanched veggies (eg zuchinni), cucumber, spirulina flake or algae wafers. Or if they are in a spawning mood in which case the male will cut of bits of plant to use as support for his bublenest.

Soo I was admiring my beautiful tank lastnight and instead of looking through the glass I stared at the glass and noticed
small wormy things on the glass!They about 1mm in length almost,they are barely visible so I couldnt take a pic.
My gouramis were picking them off after a while and seemed to enjoy them!!

Any comments as to what they might be? :crazy:

Probably planaria which are entirely harmless...

Interesting planaria fact - the first animals to evolve a brain were probably little planaria-like worms :D

I love them actually - they are extremely cute! Search for a pic on google images ;)

Must be Planaria because I saw them after the lights came on!!!

Interesting little buggers though....

I was about to do a partial water change in the 60G yesterday when I noticed that my red tailed black shark was gone!!!!
There are no fish in there that has shown any aggression towards it and water parameters were still OK.
The fish itself seemed healthy the last time I saw it but a friend of mine suggested a lack of oxygen..,

My Gouramis do go to the surface every now and then but it doesnt look like they gasping for air! and
they also do something that looks like a yawn now and then..
Could lack of oxygen be a problem?

Im using an Eheim outside filter and an Aquaclear 402 powerhead.
PS what the purpose of reverse flow on a power head?

Gouramies breath atmospheric air - so going to the surface is normal and healthy. All fish 'yawn' now and again.

Your shark is more likely to have jumped out - even the holes left for wires and equipment are a hazzard. Check the floor.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back