What does the “reaction score” mean in relation to number of posts?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
What does the reaction score mean in relation to number of posts? I would assume someone with a lot of reactions (in relation to post number) tends to post meaningful or generally helpful or accepted advise? Is there a goal for reaction score to post number ratio?

There's no relationship between reaction score and the number of messages you post.

The reaction score is simply the number of times other people have used "like", "LOL" or used the different things in the "like" box for your posts.

There is no prize at the end of it, it's just a little thing they added to make it interesting and a bit more like some forms of social media.

The reactions don't necessarily mean the post was meaningful or helpful, they could have been 'loved' (lots of photo posts get loved) or someone found them amusing.
Photo posts make me smile. Happiness has meaning and is helpful!

It means people like what you said. They found it useful, they loved it, they found it funny, were wowed by it or simply agreed or even just plain liked it. I wish they had a toilet paper icon then I would have the most of anybody.

We do have a "flush" emoticon though :flushem:
I will get in trouble for this but I'm not swearing, I just used the symbols above the numbers and I know the terms & conditions say no using things to resemble sweary wordies. But &^%$ man, that's just wrong :)

My soul goal in life is to keep my reaction score and number of posts near equal, to which replying to this thread has made me fail further in this goal.🤣

My soul goal in life is to keep my reaction score and number of posts near equal, to which replying to this thread has made me fail further in this goal.🤣
You’re about there! It gets harder as the number grows. I think that my ratio of posts vs reactions is pretty decent. I like to think I post meaningful or helpful content:lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back