What do you think?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

SakuraX64

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was wondering wether I should feed my tigers lettuce? :huh: I know they like cucumber; but what about lettuce? :huh: I use to feed my silverdoller lettuce and he loved it. :fish:

Scalded lettuce is enjoyed by most Barbs, as are bolied shelled peas.

ours love lettuce - blanche it (pour boiling water over it for a few mins) first as it softens it then peg it down in your tank & if they dont touch it the first time keep trying. dont leave it in too long though, take it out after about 2 days or you'll have mouldy lettuce bits all over your tank as it dissolves :p

for tiger barb owners.. what are some good foods for them.. I'm getting 3 albino..3 green and 3 regular for my tank.. thanks

>>> good foods for them..

Errrm, well read the above. That, some decent flake and a bit of frozen bloodworm every now and again.

My tiger barbs love lettuce as well as shelled peas and cucumbers. I blanche them all with boiled water, and then allow them to cool before putting them in, but they seem to love it all. I dont think there is anything that you could put in there that those little pigs wont eat LOL . Mine also eat flake food, shrimp pellets, bloodworms,, basically everyting. The only problem i have with them, is trying to get them to share with the rest of the fish. LOL
Sandy

Hi,
My tiger barbs LOVE bottom feeder pellets treated with a few drops of liquid garlic!! I had been putting it in the tank to lure my loaches to eat when they were new...and the tiger barbs try to hog it all. Try it.
Deb

Hi, I cant get my tigers to eat lettuce. I,ve tried it a couple of times but I find it the next day untouched. They do however like brine shrimp very much. I have a lot of fun holding a block of frozen brine shrimp at the waters surface and watching the tigers come racing to the surface to get a bite. They make the funniest poping sound when they do that.

Most reactions

Back