What Do You Think Of This Ornament?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SPLiSH

Bettas are better!
Reaction score
I am usually not a fan of fake-style ornaments but I saw these in an online pet store and I quite like them! It's an Easter Island statue. Here are some pics:

30444_sml.jpg

30442_sml.jpg

What do you guys honestly think of them?

Pretty sHweet... would go well with the palm tree ornaments from petsmart.. don't really serve much purpose other then looking cool.. :D

Thanks for the ideas guys. Yeah, over here we have them in the 3 sizes, I would probably get the largest one which I think is about 10 inches high. I am planning for my proposed 30gal. :shifty:

Any other opinions?

i like them. i have a Budda head mysself that i plan to use at some point. though i will have problems, as my daughter has "bagged" it for her bedroom atm.

I saw these only yesterday in my lfs, and quite liked the look of them - couldn't decide which size I preferred though.

they would go well with some live plants but not to my taste also i dont like it when algae gets on ornaments, you scrub it and all the paint comes off :(

It looks ok to me, but I won't put one in my tank as it doesn't suit mine.

You could match the statue with some plants and same colour stone to bring out the "feel" of it. :)

Now it would be cool to get a really long shallow tank, create a nice ridge and stick say 6 or 7 in a line and grow a nice green carpet all around them to replicate the whole linear thing and fill it with loads of small fish - cardinals could look good.

I have an Easter Island head as well. not the same one, it was handmade by someone in Oregon, US. I don't always have it in, but from time to time when I'm changing things around in my 10g I put it back in. I like it a lot. Mine has a hollow part on the back of it so littler fish can swim up and hide inside the head.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back