What Do You Think Of Pebbles As A Substrate

rival

New Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Thinking about what to have as a substrate and wanted something unusual. I was thinking of going down to my local beach and getting pebbles. You can get some lovely patterns on some if you look hard enough. What do you guys think? or am I completely out of my gord?
 
It's a fine idea, but I would still use fine gravel as a bottom layer because cleaning pebbles will be a nightmare if they are on bare bottom glass, all the bits will go down between and u will see it and if u clean it the pebbles might crack the glass
 
yeah, point taken Mel. Thanks. I have some swirlie design pebbles already. I'm like an expectant parent waiting for my tank on thursday. LOL
 
yeah, point taken Mel. Thanks. I have some swirlie design pebbles already. I'm like an expectant parent waiting for my tank on thursday. LOL
I had pebbles in my old tank on basic gravel and its awesome, very river-y lol
 
can I add some coloured lighting? like blue for instance, or will that do the fish's head in?
 
can I add some coloured lighting? like blue for instance, or will that do the fish's head in?
no it will not go for it just make sure u only keep the light on for around 8-10 hours no longer as if u do green algae will form on the top of ur tank
 

Most reactions

Back
Top