What Do You Guys Think About These?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hi there,

i highly recommend these fans. I bought the 2-fan model on ebay.com for much cheaper! It has done wonders for my tank... dropped temperature in hours. Better yet, with this fan, I run my chiller less often and save a bundle on my energy bill.

this is what i bought

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaqua_eworldQQhtZ-1

Looks like a good investment for a tank that runs warm. SH

I fitted a couple of 60mm PC fans into my hood and they have done wonders for keeping the temparture constant. Much cheaper as well if you don't mind a little bit of DIY!

The only downside is that you are cooling the water through evaporation which will lead to more top-ups (not too bad). You will also be putting more water into the air of the room the tank is in which could present problems if the room becomes more humid.

But they are certainly a cheaper option than chillers (for both running and initial outlay).

I think i'd need to buy an ATO to deal with anymore evap :blink: The heat has diffently increased the amount of evap i have day.

ATO cost too much IMO (No DIY skills) and the float would probably look ugly in the tank?

I think i'd need to buy an ATO to deal with anymore evap :blink: The heat has diffently increased the amount of evap i have day.

ATO cost too much IMO (No DIY skills) and the float would probably look ugly in the tank?

Empty coke bottle, 2 lths x PVC Tubing, a drill

and you have a top up

Most reactions

Back