What do i do now???

Not having a great deal of room should I .......

• Get 2-3 more rainbows and make it a species tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get some nice little platies and keep a community tank

• Get some nice little cherry barbs and keep a community tank

• Small shoal of Neon Tetras (if this won't over stock my tank)

• Or other suggestions, elaborate on reply

• Total voters

Liliano

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Which of the above do you think would be the best. I am still undecided and hoping you guys and gals can help me.

Lil :p

I an undecided on bottom feeders at the moment, I am quite tempted to get some little cleaner schrimp which my LFS has in stock at the moment.

I will have a look for some profiles on panda corys though and see what I think? What are the specifics do they need to be kept in groups and how big do they get?

Liliano said:
I an undecided on bottom feeders at the moment, I am quite tempted to get some little cleaner schrimp which my LFS has in stock at the moment.

I will have a look for some profiles on panda corys though and see what I think? What are the specifics do they need to be kept in groups and how big do they get?
They reach around 4cm and need to be kept in a shoal of four to six, obviously as many as possible without overstocking the tank. Care is similar to most other cories except I don't think they're as hardy as, say, the bronze or peppered ones. Feed them sinking wafers (they can't survive just by scavenging!) and they need a substrate of either sand or fine, smooth gravel to avoid damaging their barbels. possibly the cutest fish ever.

Well - the poll is now offically closed (anyone know how I make it null?)

I ended up going for some lovely little platies (3 of them) got a great male with some excellent markings - pictures to come soon (guy at the LFS spent about 5 minutes trying to catch this one for me - he he).

I will be running a mini-competition (when I get a decent pic) asking the forum members to come up with a good name for him. Watch this space .....

Also I saw the panda corys (they were VERY cute) and I enquired but my LFS wouldn't sell them to me (hurrah for a decent LFS) he asked me about my gravel and I told him I had medium sized gravel and as it wasn't fine enough he said that i couldn't have them as it would damage their whiskers. He offered me an alternative which was a loach (can't remember its name but it stays small) but there was only 1 left in the tank so he wouldn't sell me that either as they are not typically loners. So we decided on dwaft otocinclus, so I have bought 2 of these. They started hoovering up as soon as I put them in.

Within about 5 minutes - they ALL came out of hiding and got to know each other. My platies are absolute nutters - I have quite a strong flow from my filter and they spend most of their time trying to swim against it. I have a mickey mouse platy that keeps shoaling with my rainbows it is most amusing to watch.

Thats all from me
Lil

Most reactions

Back