What Do Fish Prefer?

Sean W.

Fishaholic
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Claremont California
i see basically 2 kinda of fish tanks... one heavily planted and the other plain with maybe a rock pile and a piece of drift wood.


what kind of tanks do fish prefer...?
 
Depends entirely on what kind of fish.

So there is no correct answer to your question unless you provide species names :good:.
 
Agree^ it depends on what kind of fish you have in the tank.

Cichlids prefer a more rocky environment, where as other fish may prefer a more planted environment.

-FHM
 
i like a balance... heavily planted mid to back portion, then a more open front, for 2 reasons, 1 it forces the fish to the front of the tank ( better for viewing ) when they arent hiding, it gives them a open area to swim when they wish....
 
I get where you are coming from, but that setup of the tank is more for your benefit, not for the fish.

Like I said earlier, it really depends on what kind of fish you have in the tank.

-FHM
 
I prefer to give my fish plenty of plants to hide amongst if they need to. Which, with a 4yo running about and staring into the tank from time to time, they do like to hide.
I also like to create veiwable places for my pleco to hide (under a bit of slate) it took him 3 months to overcome his shyness and I often wondered if he was still alive! So this lets me see him without disturbing him.

My big tank is goin to have some heavily planted areas and some caves and some wood. I think the fish would get stressed if they could not hide.


But then you do get the bigger fish who rip the plants out..
 

Most reactions

Back
Top