What Criterion would need to met to qualify as a Heavily Planted Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

imw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,

As per thread title - is there a formula which gives the answer or is it subjective ? I was just curious.

Thank you,

Hi :)
a picture is worth a thousand words so here are some examples (not a matter of tank size) :

aqua4.jpg

AMAZON 03 .jpg

AMAZON 02.jpg

A betta 2.jpg

A betta 5.jpg

I'd suggest it's a subjective thing...one person's 'heavily planted' is another person's 'sparsely planted'!

To me, 'heavily' implies overdone and so I prefer well-planted, where well-planted means lots and lots of living, growing plants, without detriment to the local fish population. Given that most fish need swimming space, if more than 50% of the available space is taken up by plants and hard landscaping, then I'd suggest it's well-planted, bordering on 'heavily'. My own personal aim is for a well-planted tank, with upto 50% maximum of the available space for plants, wood, etc..

Thank you for your time -appreciated - so "subjective" is the answer - no formula.

Mine below so looking at your examples, my tank is not heavily planted.

ATB

Attachments

• 20210823_115805.jpg
    20210823_115805.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210823_115811.jpg
    20210823_115811.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 38
I'd suggest it's a subjective thing...one person's 'heavily planted' is another person's 'sparsely planted'!

To me, 'heavily' implies overdone and so I prefer well-planted, where well-planted means lots and lots of living, growing plants, without detriment to the local fish population. Given that most fish need swimming space, if more than 50% of the available space is taken up by plants and hard landscaping, then I'd suggest it's well-planted, bordering on 'heavily'. My own personal aim is for a well-planted tank, with upto 50% maximum of the available space for plants, wood, etc..
Thank you Bruce,

Thank you for your time -appreciated - so "subjective" is the answer - no formula.

Mine below so looking at your examples, my tank is not heavily planted.

ATB
You know all fishes, except for a few, need, want, require heavy vegetation : they feel confident and secured coz they know they can hide every where if necessary. The more you plant the more you'll see your fishes the less they'll stress !

You know all fishes, except for a few, need, want, require heavy vegetation : they feel confident and secured coz they know they can hide every where if necessary. The more you plant the more you'll see your fishes the less they'll stress !

Do not have any fish - see my thread "lost some Penguin Tetras"

ATB

Stunning - thank you.
Thank you....the only bad thing (IMO) about it is the dozens of MTS I've been cursed with....oh, well, they DO till the substrate, which is a good thing, I suppose

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back