What Caused My Plants To Go Brown In Last Couple Of Weeks?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

noodles

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok my plants were doing well for a couple of months but now many of them are turning brown in the last couple of weeks. I know it could be a number of things that could be doing it, so here is my list and let me know what you think is the most likely! The worst affected is the wysteria, its still growing new shoots but the old leaves are dying off.

1. I only have 1 watt per gallon lighting
2. I have a snail boom in the last couple of weeks, there are now hundreds!
3. I treated my tank with a fungus remedy as one of my fish developed a patch of it
4. I put the air diffuser on the output of my filter to increase oxygen due to above meds (maybe les CO2 now)
5. Although nitrates are still high enough, maybe the rest of the nutrients have been used up and I need to add some artificially.
6. The plants all hate me and wish to die

Cheers!!

option 6 definately!!!

i'm by no means a plant nut but just my personal experience with wisteria, is when it gets disturbed by being moved or gets knocked a bit it often sheds a lot of it's growth and then new shoots will come up. So that could be what's happening?

option 6 definately!!!

i'm by no means a plant nut but just my personal experience with wisteria, is when it gets disturbed by being moved or gets knocked a bit it often sheds a lot of it's growth and then new shoots will come up. So that could be what's happening?

Actually that could be the case... I did have a big sort out of my tank last week and moved some things around and cut some stems etc. Had forgotten about that.

Hmmm, so it could be option 6 then! thing is I dont want to wait and see if it recovers and do nothing while it just dies in the tank. tricky.

post picture maybe non aquatiC?

nah all definitely aquatic, but a nice idea. Just assuming now its probably a combination of a few of the above. since I have turned the air off the new shoots seem to be pretty green, also steam cleaned my condensation tray and ordered some flourish excel! we will see!

Well strangely enough since cleaning my condensation screen and turning off the bubbles from my filter my plants are greening up again. Must have been a combo of 1 and 4!

I have also just bought some flourish excel so hopefully this will help even more!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back