What Are These Worms?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dougie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi All,

I noticed a few worm like creatures in my longest running aquarium two days ago. I have been treating the tank for Ich, first outbreak I've ever had in this tank 
sad.png
 & I've lost a couple of fish
Anyway I was having a good look around & noticed these white-ish worms, they're less than 1mm thick, thinner than a hair, & about 3mm long. 
Any idea what they might be?
I've just done a water change on it, giving the sand a bit of a stir in the process, It looks as if there is a lot more of these things now. I've got one more dose of Ich meds (in 3 days) to go, so if I had to wait to treat to get rid of these worms, I'd have to wait another couple of days on top of that.
The remaining fish seem to have perked up a bit, but I'm still a little concerned.

cheers in advance.

Cheers Mikey1.

Notice the OP in the thread says the ones in their tank were on the glass, the ones in mine are floating in the water. Possible I was over feeding though, as I said I lost a few unfortunately & didn't really adjust feeding to suit. I'll skip a day or two & cut back for a week & see what happens.

Thanks again.

If you have live plants, they could be nematodes. What types of fish do you have, and what size aquarium do you have? Planaria tend to be flat and kind of diamond shaped. Either way loaches and cory cats will enjoy them. Also some of the sand sifting cichlids.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back