What A Pair

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just lo
Reaction score
Ive recently started another spawn, the female was with another male and she dropped her eggs and put them all in the nest, he aint them later as none were fertile as they didnt wrap. He was great with her and she was too. Ive added her to her sibling brother and I've never seen anything like it, its so fiesty and quiet worrying, neither of them have fin out of place but they are battering eachother like mad with the tails and head butting eachother, he chases her and then turns tail and off he goes with her following at great speed. They've both been battered against the side of the tank and the tank is now a mess, ive got a flaoting moss ball in there and that doing laps quicker than anything seen on the tracks for the Olympics. I know some like it rough but jeeze, any more and I think I'm just gunna pass out with stress. Im determined to get them to spawn though so im not gunna tub her up again over night, gunna stay up as long as possible to get the right time to get her out before he freaks.

They are a yellow/pink ish dragon HMPK pair.

Wow sounds intense! maybe she's playing hard to get a bit too well!

Oooo eerrr! Sounds very kinky lol! Good luck with them, fingers crossed it works out xx

it sounds like a child playing in a bath in my hall way, splish splosh. She's now 1 inch from the nest, persistant little thing he is.

That's the kinkiest spawn I've ever heard of :lol: At this rate they'll be too worn out for any wrapping :crazy:

it sounds like a child playing in a bath in my hall way, splish splosh. She's now 1 inch from the nest, persistant little thing he is.
well he has lost half a ventral and shes now under the nest looking all pleased with herself. Typical woman :lol: still no eggs though but i can see her barred up slightly under her scaling so should'nt be long now.

Netty they are just nuts.

Sounds like you're gonna be having a very late night watching these two. Hope you're well stocked up with nibbles and popcorn :lol:

Sounds like you're gonna be having a very late night watching these two. Hope you're well stocked up with nibbles and popcorn :lol:
:rolleyes: i had a long sleep this evening so wide awake, will prob be another 3am for me. :blink: ive has so many failed spawns this past 2 months that i miss having fry to look after. I had a melano spawn and a ct yellow spawn that produced over 100 fry and i lost the lot for some reason with in a few days, they were all 1 month old and it really annoyed me to say the least.

I know what you mean......I miss having babies when we don't have any and some of our spawns didn't go to plan this year either. We've got 3 batches of fry at the moment 80, 4 & 9.

@ Netty & Bronzecat:-
Granted that you two know what you are doing, but how the Hell do you find homes for them all? I know you have your methods, but geez, that's over 90 fry, and you are still planning more? :blink: I'd be completely dumbfounded if I had that many fry!! I got enough trouble lining up homes for the mollie and guppy fry we have!!

We sold most of the ones on our website and alot that never made it to the website plus we kept some from our last spawn and gave some away to friends. Any we don't sell the lfs up the road from us will buy from us.

We're also on some reptile forums and people know us from there too. So far we haven't had any problems moving them on.

yep, and just about to get my Leopard geckos mating :good:

blimey they are still chasing each other after almost 20 hours, neither have any more damage, thought they wouldve wrapped by now, body language says they will spawn so im just gunna leave them to it. :good: another 3am for me then. :blink:

Get the candles out and some romantic music :lol:
well he's now singing this to her.

Sometimes When We Wrap - Dan Hill, who decided to dedicate this to bettas

You ask me if I love you
And I choke on my reply
I'd rather hurt you honestly
Than mislead you with a lie
And who am I to judge you
On what you say or do?
I'm only just beginning to see the real you

And sometimes when we wrap
Its nothing but a load of crap