Went in for Neocaridina, left with...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Flushable Pets

Fishaholic
2x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We hit up our LFS's "Black Friday" sale last night looking for deals on Neocaridina. We left with this handsome little guy instead. We aren't normally into long finned varieties, but he spoke to us. Last two pics were taken after settling in overnight. Can't wait to see how he colors up in a week or two.

rsz_20211124_201445.jpg

rsz_20211125_160315.jpg

rsz_120211125_160346.jpg

Last edited:
A beauty! Is that some kind of Betta?

Yes. He is a crowntail betta.

Beautiful. Lovely tank as well.

Every time I see a betta I want one.

I was hesitant for the longest time. I was always a SA cichlid fan. Then I saw some videos of how intelligent and social bettas can be. I dove in and I was hooked. We are normally big fans of wild types and short finned varieties, but this guy was just too darn majestic.

Stunning colours! That blue looks really nice against the scenery in the tank.
Welcome back, by the way!

The second I saw him that is what I thought. He'd compliment the warm colors of the Rotala and Ludwigia. Mrs. Flush and the kiddos were in the car waiting and I summoned them in. Wife instantly agreed. So far, he is a real jerk, which anyone owning a betta knows is something to look for.

Thanks for the WB. Been a crazy past few months, so I've kept a low profile. Lost a close family member to COVID and the ensuing drama that alway accompanies it. I've kept in touch with a few folks, but trying to keep things limited for the time being.

Betta’s are indeed stunning, but I am not exactly thrilled by a fish that has to be kept in solitary confinement. I know some do tank mate’s, but I’m unwilling to take on the risk. When my boy passes to the great ocean beyond, he won’t be replaced.

Thanks for the WB. Been a crazy past few months, so I've kept a low profile. Lost a close family member to COVID and the ensuing drama that alway accompanies it. I've kept in touch with a few folks, but trying to keep things limited for the time being.
That's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing a little better now, take all the time you need.

Yes. He is a crowntail betta.

I was hesitant for the longest time. I was always a SA cichlid fan. Then I saw some videos of how intelligent and social bettas can be. I dove in and I was hooked. We are normally big fans of wild types and short finned varieties, but this guy was just too darn majestic.

The second I saw him that is what I thought. He'd compliment the warm colors of the Rotala and Ludwigia. Mrs. Flush and the kiddos were in the car waiting and I summoned them in. Wife instantly agreed. So far, he is a real jerk, which anyone owning a betta knows is something to look for.

Sorry about your relative. I lost a cousin to covid. We grew up together & were like sisters. Tragic.

Most reactions

trending

Back