April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

silver

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
My dogs are........ they're...........

gone

I've had Speckles here for 5 years. He has been our family dog. Never nips, doesn't bark, beautiful boy. We love him so much!
speckles.jpg

Pup is a puppy I got this January for Speckles to play with. I never in a million years thought I'd fall so in love with a dog, but I found myself head over heels for this "Pup" so my son named him. He was beautiful, smart and loyal. He never barked, never bit and was housebroke in a couple of months. Some times he would look at me and I would get a very strange feeling that human eyes were staring at me, I know that sounds strange, but it's true. He loved me so much and that is what I miss the most, his loyalty and love.
My heart hurts just thinking of his beautiful face, and chunky strong figure.......he was SUCH an adorable pup.
pup.jpg

I miss them so much it hurts.

I went out at 1am one night to make sure that I had fed them...........

then I saw the gate open.......the wind had blown it open because no one had locked it shut that day. My heart sank and I ran inside telling my husband that the dogs were gone and I grabbed my keys and started my search. I came back.....NOTHING! My husband went out for about an hour......came home......NOTHING!!

There had been a bad fire that evening out north and I kept thinking *I hope they can find their way home through the smoke*............nothing that night.......nothing the next day.

It was 95* F outside all week and I don't have AC but I still comed a radius of about 5 miles in EVERY direction over the course of the next 4 days.......nothing.........
I handed out flyers, talked to kids, old people, moms and dads, joggers, bikers, walkers............nothing.......

We went to the pound every day, and circulated between the 3 pounds all week, for 3 weeks now...........nothing..........

I put ads in my Spokesman Review (the paper) and one in the Exchange and Nickelnik (the free ads that you get at the stores) and ran them for 2 weeks.........nothing...........

I think I finally have to just come out and say..........

I'm sorry I couldn't find you guys and I love you and hope you are happy.....

I am a little upset now and am crying crocodile tears, so I have to go.........
This post was the eye opener that I think I needed to move on.....

:sad:

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Our dog kept escaping a few years ago and he could so easily have been run over on the road - thankfully, people brought him back. I hope with all my heart that your dogs are ok and that you find them. Dogs are amazing animals. They never forget, IMO, where they have been looked after and loved. Im crossing my fingers that you get them both back safe, happy and well. Good luck.

I'm so sorry silver. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :/

I can't even imagine what you are going through. :-(

Best wishes. :nod:

i'm so sorry,
if my dog got out, she'd eat people
thank god we lock our fence with a padlock
what you need to do is try to move on
they were beautiful animals and more importantly loyal companions
but i'm sure they would not want to see you in pain over their disappearance
if fate brings them back then it was ment to be
if not, then maybe their purpose has been served
maybe they have made you a better person
it never hurts to try to find them anyway possible
but don't let it kill you inside

Some people laugh when they see how upset people get when they lose a dog but those are people who have never kept dogs.
It is like losing a family member, My heart goes out to you.

I am so sorry Silver My heart goes out to you.. I have had my dogs do that but they have always made it back home. I am praying that they make it back home to you. They may be some where close.

Nidge said:
Some people laugh when they see how upset people get when they lose a dog but those are people who have never kept dogs.
It is like losing a family member, My heart goes out to you.
who's laughing? :<
i'll give em a slap! :grr:
i don't see how anyone can find someone elses pain humorous
even when its over something as small as a houseplant *hands on hips*
let me at em' :flex:

:-( That's horrible silver! I really hope they come back to you! I know how you feel. :( Sometimes, my kitty Mike escapes and the thing that worries me is that there are 2 Fisher Cats in the woods where I live. I hope you have a happy ending like I did! :angel: I'll prey for Speckles and Pup! How long have they been gone? :sad:

I'll like to nominate Speckles and Pup for POTM! :nod:

Oh my goodness, thank you Sasha! :wub:

Some of you guys' words made me cry again! :-( Everytime I think about them it makes my stomach hurt a little!

They've been missing for 3 weeks tomorrow and no signs of them. We are visiting the pounds less every week, looking down alleys less on our way to the stores or when out.... I'm starting to forget the cute little things they'd do. And the forgetting hurts too.

I want them back so badly it really chokes me up.

WHERE ARE YOU MY BOYS..............???

Why did this happen to us, we treat our animals good and they are loved soooo much. Maybe I didn't tell them enough, or show them enough. Maybe they are scared or have dyed from the 95* weather or maybe they are hurt and laying down to die somewhere in the country where NO ONE can FIND THEM!!!!

I've prayed and prayed.......... searched and searched......

but maybe they did serve their purpose. I don't know.......

I miss them :-(

I want them back :wub:

I am very sorry to hear that Silver. :( You and your dogs will be in my thoughts.

Gosh, thanks Ruby Shark.

It's funny that I can get so much support from people of all walks of life that I have never met in person or even spoken to on the phone!!

You guys are great people!

(( HUGS ))

:-(
Silver,sweetie,I'm so sorry. I can just imagine your worry. But don't stop looking down the allies just yet. Crazier things have happened,they may just show up. The most positive thing about this is that they're together,at least they're not lonely,wherever they are. How are your babies handling it? :/

Thanks wuv :wub:

I know that sometimes dogs will find their way home even 100s of miles away, but I live in a fairly large city (half a million) and I have this feeling that I will never see them again :sad:

I don't know what this lesson has taught me, but maybe something will come from it! Maybe they found a good home where there are kids that treat dogs really well and a place where they can either run like they're free or maybe they get taken for walks more often now :dunno:

:-( :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back