Weirdly shaped

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DynablineCorqui

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Jess and I'm new to owning ADFs. When I got this guy, he was already like this. His back has two uneven lumps to it. It's almost like his lower back is caved, and it makes his back look indented, like he has too much meat to his shoulders. One lumps is larger than the other. Sorry I'm bad at explaining, but I couldn't get good photos of him. I only noticed this because my other ADF's back is completely flat and smooth, not lumpy at all. He eats just fine (frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp), he's very active, still goes up for air, etc. They're growing pretty quick. They live in a 10 gallon with 4 platys. They are both aggressive towards one another and other fish (they act like everything is food), not sure if that's normal. Any tips would be helpful! Thank you!

Attachments

• 20220412_013725.jpg
    20220412_013725.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220412_013636.jpg
    20220412_013636.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220412_013618.jpg
    20220412_013618.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 66
Hi Jess and welcome to the forum :)

The lump/ dent in the frog are not normal. They could be caused by physical injuries the frog sustained before you got them, or a genetic defect, which it was born with. The lump on the shoulders could be a growth (tumour or cyst).

As long as they are eating well, I wouldn't worry too much. Just monitor them and if it changes quickly, then there is a problem. If the lump on the shoulder gets bigger over time (6 months or more), then it's probably a tumour and there's no cure.

---------------------
Frogs will eat anything that moves and might fit in their mouth so fish, snails, shrimp and even smaller frogs will be eaten.

Feed them a variety of foods and try to feed them in different areas so they don't fight each other for the food.

If they continue to fight and argue, then they are probably both males and you might need to separate them.

---------------------
A couple of links for African Dwarf frogs that might interest you :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back