Weird Thing With White Diamond Discus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

freshwaterfishlover

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Two weeks ago or so I bought 2 small Discus. Snake Skin Discus and a Red Marlboro Discus. Till this day they are living great. Last Monday I bought another 2 Small Discus. Samurai Discus and White Diamond Discus. The Samuri is still living and the White Diamond was dead by the next morning.

Wednesday I go back to the store and they Test my water. Ammonia, nitrate, nitrite were all good. They tell me my Ph maybe a little high for Discus, but the test their water from the same tank and it was the same ph. So they give me a new White Diamond Discus.

Wednesday I put the new Discus in the tank. It immediately goes and hides. I hit the glass a few times and all the other fish run. The White Diamond does not even notice. Thursday Morning it is dead.

I go back to the store. This time I get another Samuri and it's still living.

Could the other discus be bullying the new additions? I've never kept them myself, but I'm sure I've hard they do best in larger numbers to spread any aggression?

Best to buy them all at the same time, years ago i had a solo turq, didnt have the internet back then and didnt know it was wrong, i added another turq and the old one killed him inside 24 hours.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back