Weird Thing In My Tank Please Help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

karla1984

Reaction score
Hello

I have had a 90 litre tropical fish tank for about 4 months, so far i have catfish, a angel fish, 2 gupeys and a snail. Anyways i notice a few days ago attached the the drift wood in there was these little round white things i thought they might be eggs but they have no jelly around them. Ive looked today and there is even more of them.

Any idea what they could be?

Thanks you

i dont think they r snail eggs as the have no jelly around them and they look like they r attached to the drift wood.

its a dark brown with golden strips snail not sure what that is. but they do look abit like seeds. if they are do u know how long before they hatch. really dont want loads of snails in my tank. will the other fish eat them?

Just had a look on google images and i have got a nerite snail and they are bloody snail eggs. can different breeds of snail mate coz i only have one nerite snail but did have another breed in there for a while.

Oh yeah, I remember when I had 6 of those nerite snails. I found out quickly how many eggs they lay. So, I got rid of them. If I remember correctly, they're brackish, but will lay eggs in either freshwater or brackish water. However, the eggs will only hatch in brackish waters. Plus you really have to scrape to get them off. I think one lone snail will still lay eggs.

Brackish is a poorly defined term but means fresh water with a bit of sea salt mixed in. The poor definition part is simple, it could be 80% of the concentration of an ocean or only 10% and still be called brackish. It is a term used to describe the type of salt concentrations you might find where a river empties into the ocean. Fish that live there would be called brackish types and sometimes include fish that do just fine in fresh water, like the common mollies do. It also includes some fish that are primarily salt water fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back