Weird behavior

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I have 5 tanks all of them have gravel substrate, i have a problem with one of the tank it is the pleco blackghost knife fish chinese algae eater and loaches tank they get along really well never get aggressive,every night when the light go off all of them digging the gravel and put them to the side of the tank leaving left side of the tank no substrate and cloudy everynight. what are they up to? and what sybstrate should i use?

Last edited:
I suspect one of more of them simply likes digging. Most likely the CAE or knife fish, but I have no experience of either species.

I suspect one of more of them simply likes digging. Most likely the CAE or knife fish, but I have no experience of either species.
Its weird because all of them do the same thing every night.

This is either the pleco, or the loasches (or both). What loach species is it? The BGK is an upper water species and not likely to be moving the substrate around.

I had a 5-inch pleco (a Hypancistrus furunculus) some years ago and he regularly re-arranged "his" territory around the chunk of wood he live in, every night.

Double the guard, their are trying to tunnel out and escape! ;) I also had a 5-inch pleco and he also dug and rearranged the plastic plants at night.

This is either the pleco, or the loasches (or both). What loach species is it? The BGK is an upper water species and not likely to be moving the substrate around.

I had a 5-inch pleco (a Hypancistrus furunculus) some years ago and he regularly re-arranged "his" territory around the chunk of wood he live in, every night.
The loach is Dwalf chain loach and what i saw at night is black ghost moving substrate around with their tail. Pleco is 7 inches L001. If i open the light they will stop.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back