Website For Bulb Tube Replacements

arobinson1984

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,065
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Leeds, United Kingdom
A while ago I was reading a thread on here which mentioned a really good website for buying light tubes, I cant for the life of me remember it.

Anybody have any ideas?

I have a 33 gal tank with 2 x 28w T5 tubes, not quite getting 2W per gallon. I'm not an expert on plants and the tank at the moment only has a few plants in it (amazon swords)

What bulbs woulds be recommended? I plan to plant the tank heavier over the coming months.

The substrate is just basic argos play sand, the lights are currently on about 10 hours a day and I dose Seachem Flourish every other day.

Andy
 
I bought my last lot of (Phillips) bulbs from Amazon, they were in the region of £3 / €3.50 / $5.50 each for 3ft ones. I personally prefer to use neutral white for planted tanks. If you avoid red plants, then warmer coloured (up to pink) tubes can work well, although red plants do benefit from cooler (down to blue) tubes. Avoid green tinged ones as you would just be wasting the light unless you have overkill (which you don't), in which case they can be nice. From an aesthetic point of view, use lights to match the fish colours so that they stand out more. It is always fun experimenting with a mix of tubes :)
 
Thanks for the replies.

Fishy Jake, you are right, that is the website that I meant, I couldnt remember the name lol

I'll also have a look at amazon, thanks kitty

Andy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top