We All Do It...

Do you love or Loathe cleaning your tanks?

• Total voters
I really like using the gravel vac...there's something hugely satisfying about watching all that dirt getting sucked away! And I like watching the guppies try and chase any snails that go up the tube.

What I hate is lugging the buckets. I have a bad neck injury from a car accident, so it's quite literally a pain in the neck for me. It seems silly to look into getting a python type set up for a twenty gallon tank, but I've been thinking about it more and more.

The real problem is the tank upstairs- it's only 5 gallons, but carrying a bucket up and down...ugh. I've already spilled it down the stairs twice because my hands shake.

It's all part of fish keeping. And I have to say that I love it! Many hobbyist just love to get their hands dirty, okay granted many don't lol. But once it's done, it's done. Until' the next time around.
And in-between that time you get to stand or sit, depending on how your built, and praise your own accomplishment :good: Knowing that you and your hard work has made a home of what is now growing in front of you.

I guess that means that I'm a sucker for punishment because lol I am already planning to get a second tank later this year :fun:

I HATE water changes as I can't just use a hose cos my filter media is part of the tank!
Get the hose...as long as the filter is switched off and you've added enough dechlor for the whole tank before you start refilling you'll be fine.

What I hate is lugging the buckets. I have a bad neck injury from a car accident, so it's quite literally a pain in the neck for me. It seems silly to look into getting a python type set up for a twenty gallon tank, but I've been thinking about it more and more.

The real problem is the tank upstairs- it's only 5 gallons, but carrying a bucket up and down...ugh. I've already spilled it down the stairs twice because my hands shake.
Get the hose! If it's painful for you, it doesn't matter how 'silly' it seems. My mate's BF reckons there's plenty of pressure in the mains to be able to fill an upstairs tank from a hose on a downstairs tap :good:

Most reactions

Back