Water Test Suddeny Changed

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mizhunt24

Reaction score
I tested the water today and here is what the results were.
pH 7.2
Ammonia 4.0
Nitrite 0.50
Nitrate 10

a couple of days ago my ammonia level was 2.0. I did a few water changes and then added ammo-lock. Today I vacummed the tank and did another water change. I didnt add the ammo-lock today. But for some strange reason my ammonia level has shot up even higher than i started with. Any suggestions as to why this has happen and how I can fix this. :crazy:

pH 7.2
Ammonia 4.0
Nitrite 0.50
Nitrate 10

a couple of days ago my ammonia level was 2.0. I did a few water changes and then added ammo-lock. Today I vacummed the tank and did another water change. I didnt add the ammo-lock today. But for some strange reason my ammonia level has shot up even higher than i started with. Any suggestions as to why this has happen and how I can fix this. :crazy:

Hi

Can you give some info about your tank, have you changed anything recently (filter media, added chems, new fish etc etc...)

Cheers

pH 7.2
Ammonia 4.0
Nitrite 0.50
Nitrate 10

Hi

Can you give some info about your tank, have you changed anything recently (filter media, added chems, new fish etc etc...)

Cheers
The only thing I have done is water changes, vacummed the tank. 2 days prior I added ammo-Lock. Now the ammonia is sky high. I chaged food lately. I started giving frozen shrimp and frozen blood worms. this would not make the ammonia level increase would it?????

Hey just thought I would let everyone know. Today I put Ammonia Chloramine Eliminator(ACE) In my tank and the Ammonia level dropped. It Is now 1.0. Soo looks like its improving and working so far. Hopefully I can get it down completely to 0.

Just read this from the aquarium superstore site

"Ammo lock doesn't remove ammonia. It converts ammonia to a non-toxic form. So test kits will still show positive for ammonia."

pH 7.2
Ammonia 4.0
Nitrite 0.50
Nitrate 10

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back