What's new

Water test results

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

JLawson90

Reaction score
See attached picture .. in my opinion everything is ok but my water hardness is a lot harder than I thought it would be in my area? All measured in PPM

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1571833505344.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1571833505344.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 78
The hardness, both GH and KH, could be higher than 180 ppm each as that's as high as the tester goes.
JLawson lives quite near me and with the same water supplier, and I have soft water. Unfortunately, in the last couple of weeks this water company had changed it's website and no longer gives hardness. (There is a box which looks like it should be a link but nothing happens when I click on it)

I would be inclined to take a sample of tap water to an LFS and ask them to test GH and KH. If they use a liquid tester, that will measure higher than the strips and probably be more accurate.

But I do need to check - is there anything in the tank that could be raising GH and KH? Something like coral, limestone etc?

The KH goes to 240 but yeah you're right about GH could be higher, I'll get a liquid test done asap.. will it effect my Cory's?

I have nothing in there that I think could be effecting water hardness, just smooth gravel substrate and fake plants/decor

Most reactions

trending

Back