water is kinda cloudy

TAZZ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi again all =)

just a quick question, i changed my water yesterday - added the chemicals - the waste treatment, water treatment, cycle treatment, EM tablets. today i c the water is slightly cloudy.

should i be worried about this and do another water change? i dont fancy boiling the stones again

also - when i do water changes, do i need to clean the stones too? if so how? only way i was told by a friend was through boiling em for a few mins

thanks

tazz

you shouldn;t need to clean the stones again either, but you may want to buy a gravel cleaner. They cost about £8 sterling and they work by siphoning the water and the uneaten food etc along with it.

Also when you clean your filter don't do it under the tap but do it in some tank water in a bucket.

If ur adding 'cycle' to the tank, then i guess its not cycled yet? How long has it been set-up for ?

That seems alot of chemicals to be adding to the tank, personally i try to keep them at a minimum, i.e. dechlorinator and fertiliser

I'm not sure what the EM tablets are tho ?

But if its just a new tank it will most likely be a bacterial bloom, which u just leave alone and it will sort itself out :)

it does sound as if your adding a lot of chems to your tank, i only add the
tap water conditioner when doing water changes, also you should'nt need to boil the stones , only the once as you added them to the tank, :)

Most reactions

Back