water flow????

chemflex

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
:unsure:

I just bought a Juwel Rio 180 aquarium - I'm cylcling it a the moment beofre transfering my fish from their Fluval 600.

I've connected it all up but, to look at it there doesn't seem to be much water flow coming out of the nozzle.

If I take the powerhead out of the filter and duck it under the water the water flow's great. As soon as I put it in the filter the water flow isn't visible what should it be like????

When u put ur hand infront of the powerhead outlet, can u feel the flow ? Make sure it is on the rubber bit properly and it is pushed all the way down. and make sure the outlet is lined up with the opening on on filter box. Did u take the wrappers off the filter sponges?

These filters arent the most powerfull, as theyr designed for a well planted tank, but they do quite well :)

Is this filter alone good enough filtration or is additional filtration required ?

How many average sized fish can I keep in this 180 litre tank ?

The filter should be fine on its own.

What type of fish do u have in mind?

I keep a pair of discus in my rio 180, among other fish, it has a lower flow rate as the juwel tanks are designed for planted aquaria (as stix stated), but it should be more than adequate filtration.....

Failing that, a small external may boost the filtration if your worried....

The fish that will be going in this tank will be from my Fluval 600. The fluval tank contains:

3 blue neons tetras
3 black neon tetras
2 black tetras
2 x-ray tetras
2 platies
2 dalmation mollies (m+f)
3 firebelly mollies (2f+1m)
1 rainbow shark
3 corydoras
1 algae eater
2 rainbow fish
2 guppies (m+f)

How many more fish could I add when they go into the Rio180? Do you have any suggestions?

I have a Jewel 120 and when the water flow drops, I know its time to clean / change the fine white filter medium. Once this is done the flow returns to normal :)
Regards
Jim

Most reactions

Back