Water Coolers, Do They Have Ro Water?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ben

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi
I know RO units are not exactly cheap so i was looking around places for cheap RO water.
Then i was in my kitchen, and saw my home water cooler.
It is natural spring water, and is pure so im guessing its RO?
I got this from their FAQ section:
About our water
Where does the water come from?
We have spring water sources in all mainland states of Australia. We start with natural, protected spring water from an underground source. Quality water like this is consistent from year to year and is naturally purified and protected. We pump, transport and store the spring water in food-grade stainless steel at all times.
The sources are located in: New South Wales - Mount White; Victoria - Gordon near Ballarat; South Australia - Mt. Lofty; Western Australia - Martin and Roleystone; Queensland - Mutarnee and Mt. Tamborine.

Here's the website and what they do with the water
NeverFail Spring Water
Could anybody please shed some light on this, could i use it or not?

Thanks for your time.

DD

You know, that might actually be the case to some extent. I remember seeing a report a while ago on TV about what's in bottled water, and they said it's basically just H2O, which to my understanding is what RO is. It lacks trace elements and things. Perhaps you could email the company and ask them about it?

Yup, have emailed them already :nod:

They say somewhere on the site that they purify it and get rid of all chemicals etc in it.

It just might be my cheap way out :D

DD

You don't want water that lacks trace elements and minerals, unless you spend stupid money on buffers and re-additives.

Ben

Dwarf....many water companies use RO water instead of actually taking water from a spring. Examples include Aquafina and Dasani here in the US. Be very careful tho'...some add minerals to the water after production for 'health and taste'. This could include heavy metals are bad ..not just phosphates and nitrates. SH

Thanks guys :)

SH - Yeah, that's what i orginally thought, and have asked if it is acutally RO water in the email i have sent.

DD

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back